Chapter 14

I wince as Tina brushes my hair, feeling another tug at my scalp.

"Ahh I'm sorry" Tina ushers, panicking.

"It's okay, just be a little more gentle" I reassure her, rubbing my head.

Tina smiles, "I will! I'm just a little nervous is all."

I smile back at her, Tina looks beautiful in her cornflower blue dress. Her hair is piled up elegantly in a bun, secured with diamond pins to match the brooch under her bust. 

She's currently trying to pin the first few strands of my hair up to create a half up, half down look. She's also currently struggling.

I washed my hair earlier in the morning, causing it to tumble back down my waist. Tina groans again as another strand falls back down.

"Ughh, did you have to wash your hair today?" her voice desperate.

I laugh, "No I'd rather have greasy hair for the ball" I roll my eyes, a smile creeping on my lips.

"Hey, at least it's easy to style" Tina waves the bobby pins at me.

"We don't really need to style it, I can go like this" I emphasise, lifting a strand up to show her.

My dark hair is naturally wavy and falls down upto my hips.

I wait for Tina to say no but I'm surprised to find her actually considering it.

"Hmm that's not a bad idea actually but..." Tina's voice trails off as she comes closer. Of course there's a but.

Lifting up a few strands, she pins them up, "Ta da" Tina smiles, her hands on her hips in victory.

I look up in the mirror to see that my hair actually does look a lot better, most of my hair is still down with a few strands pinned up messily, the hair looks like it has been done in a hurry but I know Tina placed every bobby pin precisely. It looks very good and goes well with the siren eyes makeup Tina helped me do.

"You look so ethereal" Tina squeals, bubbling with energy.

"Not the first word I would use but yes the hair looks amazing" I smile back.

Tina laughs loudly, her eyes twinkling in the light.

"Come on, let's see how we look together" she smiles giddily.

I let her tug me towards the full length mirror near the balcony.

We truly do look beautiful.

"We're like fire and water" Tina laughs as she twirls in front of the mirror.

I laugh because she's right.

Her blue dress is complementary to my burgundy one.

She turns towards me, beaming, "I'm so excited!"

I give her a small smile, "You look so beautiful."

And she does.

We both put light makeup on. With her doing silver and blue glittery eyeshadow to compliment her dress and me supporting a smokey eye with red liner. We both settled on subtle lip tints, her more on the pink side, mine more blood orange.

"So do you" she smirks, "What do you say my fine lady, care to give me a turn on the piano forte" she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Oh hush you" I lightly smack her arm.

She links her arm with mine as we exit my room together, our laughter ringing in the air.

— — — — — —