Chapter 30

I wake up in bed, tangled up in my sheets, somehow even one of the curtains from the four poster bed has wrapped its way around my leg.

I blink as a splitting headache pounds in my head. My hair in my eyes.

I sit up abruptly, suddenly feeling way too hot.

I tug all the hair off my face and pull at the sheets to untangle myself .

There's still a slight weight around my right ankle despite having pulled all the sheets back, I lift up the white sharara to reveal an anklet underneath.

I stare at it for a minute, unsure of how I'd gotten it, it's one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen, with tiny mirrors and gems adorning it.

I sit up straighter, why am I still wearing my sharara, my head hurts even more when I try to think of what happened, I look around for my clock, it flashes 7:03am at me.

I think I attempt to get out of my bed before my head spins again and everything fades to black.

— — — — — — — —

"Anjali? Anjali?" 

I blink. And then I blink again to adjust to the light, I can still hear a low thrumming pounding in my head. 

My eyes finally adjust to the room as the blinds to the window next to me are abruptly closed.

Tina.

"Oh thank god you woke up" she heaves a sigh of relief.

I groan as I sit up in bed, a hand to my head, somehow the low pounding is even more intolerable than the hammering.

"Are you okay?" she asks concerned, sitting down next to me as she places a hand on mine.

"I don't know, I can't remember anything" I grunt.

"I saw Jai, I'm sorry you had to see him" she gives me a pained look.

Jai.

An image of a sunkissed Jai flashes across my mind.

Jai.

The same Jai I saw yesterday.

I groan again as another wave of pain washes over my head, I clutch it tightly in one hand.

"You shouldn't have drank that much" Tina sighs as she looks at me, "Thank god for Rahul" Tina mutters as she starts hunting for something in the bedside table next to me, opening and closing drawers haphazardly.

Rahul.

I turn to look at her, "What about him?" I ask, the words coming out more urgently than I'd planned.

A vague memory of him smiling at me in his black kurta plays in my mind.

She looks at me, "Well he brought you back to your room, you were passed out drunk" she says nonchalantly as if this should be known knowledge.

"I was?" I question, searching my mind for any memory I can connect with this, my heartbeat getting faster for no apparent reason.

"Yeah" Tina turns to look at me, finally having found the first-aid box she was looking for, "I was heading out of your bedroom after looking around for you when I bumped into him carrying you here."

"I was passed out in his arms?" I ask horrified.

She looks up at me as she pulls out some tablets and passes me a glass of water and grins, "You were also drooling, he had to wipe it off your lips after placing you on the bed."

I gasp and touch my lips horrified, humiliated at being in such a position in front of him. I'm still thinking about this when Tina speaks again.

"I punched Jai for you" she states as if this is nothing out of the ordinary.