022. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁 𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗌

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE—
the truth hurts

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER TWENTY ONE— the truth hurts

───────────────

Evangelina stood up in fear, her eyes frantically shaking at him. his emerald green eyes seeping into hers, as he could hear her rapid heartbeat, ringing through his ears violently.

"You're Klaus?" Evangelina whispered, taking a step back as she stayed near Stefan.

He didn't respond, his mouth sealed shut with shame. Evangelina bit the insides of her mouth, as the light lingered on both of them standing apart from each other.

Evangelina took in a sharp breath, her finger tips shaking as she reached for her phone. "May I say goodbye to my family?" Evangelina blinked in fear, her words stuttering almost as she asked.

"You may," Klaus nodded at her, letting the young girl move over to the other side of the room.

Her eyes left his, taking a few steps away as she folded her arms. Her lips against the microphone, her eyes closed as she resisted any kind of sadness to leave her eyes.

"This is Evangelina, in order to save Damon's life. Me and Stefan made a deal to leave town with klaus," Evangelina spoke softly, her eyes every second glancing back and forth to Stefan.

"I love you guys so much, with my whole heart I'll keep you with me."

"I don't want to do this, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices for people we care about. I'm so sorry, but knowing everyone is safe that's all I want," Evangelina's voice broke a little, sniffling as she tried to remain happy on the phone.

"I'll take care of Stefan, I'll always keep him safe. But one thing I want for all of you. Don't be sad that I'm not here, I want you to live and have a happy life,"

"Jeremy, please don't abuse drugs. They aren't good for you, and you can feel better without them. Like, with Bonnie now and how you two are absolutely amazing together,"

"To Kayla, I'll miss you so much, now I can't part take in our daily sword fights to help you. But, Leonardo will be here for you and keep you strong."

"To Leonardo, we talked today and I told you how I felt. Now that I won't be here, for how long. You'll have that time to find someone new, and cherish the memories you make."

"Jenna, you've been someone I've looked up to ever since you took us in. I'm so great full for everything you've done, you've helped me become the woman I am today,"