049. 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE—
scheming

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE—scheming

───────────────

Evangelina and Klaus sat in their cozy living room, surrounded by ancient artifacts and mystical trinkets. The weight of their recent discoveries hung in the air, mingling with the anticipation of what lay ahead. Klaus leaned forward, his brow furrowed with concern.

"I'll have to see Marcel," Klaus stated, his voice tinged with determination.

Evangelina turned towards him, her eyes widening with curiosity. "Wait, who even is he?" she inquired, her voice filled with genuine surprise.

Klaus sighed, realizing he hadn't shared this part of his past with her. "Marcel is my son," he admitted, causing Evangelina's eyes to widen even further, her expression mirroring her astonishment.

"Excuse me?" she exclaimed, struggling to comprehend the revelation. The implications of Klaus having a son had caught her completely off guard.

Klaus quickly reassured her, his voice softening. "No, no, I adopted him. It's a long story," he explained, hoping to alleviate any concerns or misunderstandings.

Evangelina nodded, her confusion. Their conversation shifted gears as Klaus turned his attention to Evangelina's well-being. "Will you be alright here?" he asked, genuine concern etched on his face.

Evangelina smiled, a hint of magic appearing in her hands as she conjured a small flame, her confidence shining through. "I'll be fine," she assured him. "I'll catch up on some spells, study ancient texts, and strengthen my powers. Besides, this house has its own protective enchantments. I'll be safe."

Klaus nodded, his eyes filled with a mix of admiration and affection.

With a lingering gaze, Klaus rose from his seat and moved towards the doorway. Evangelina watched him go, a myriad of emotions swirling within her.

As Klaus reached the doorway, he turned back to Evangelina, a gentle smile gracing his lips. "Take care, my love," he said, his voice filled with both longing and reassurance.

Evangelina met his gaze, her own smile reflecting their shared love and determination. "I will," she replied, her voice filled with resolve.

Lost in her thoughts, she whispered softly to herself, her voice barely audible in the quiet room. "A little me could be growing," she mused, imagining the possibilities that lay ahead. "Or a little Klaus," she added with a wistful smile.

Evangelina closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady her racing thoughts. She knew she needed to focus on something else, at least for a while. With a determined sigh, she gently caressed her stomach one more time, then shifted her attention to the magical texts before her.