046. conflicted love

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX —
Conflicted love

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX — Conflicted love

───────────────

A few weeks later, Evangelina woke up early, her heart pounding with excitement and anticipation. Today was the day of her graduation, the day she had been working towards for so long. She took a deep breath and sat up, running her fingers through her tousled hair as she looked around her room.

As she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, she felt a sudden pang of sadness. Leonardo wouldn't be there to see her graduate.

Now, as she looked out the window at the bright morning sun, she couldn't help but feel a sense of loss.

Evangelina shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. She couldn't let herself get distracted today. She had worked too hard for this moment to let anything get in the way. She walked over to her closet and pulled out her graduation gown, smoothing out the wrinkles as she laid it out on the bed. She took a deep breath and slipped it on, feeling the heavy fabric brush against her skin.

Next, she carefully placed the cap on her head, adjusting it until it sat just right. She looked at herself in the mirror, taking in the sight of the gown and cap, and felt a sense of pride. She had done it.

Jenna knocked softly on Evangelina's bedroom door before slowly pushing it open. "Hey, Evi," she said, peering inside. "Are you ready for the big day?"

Evangelina turned to face her roommate, a small smile on her face. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess," she replied, standing up from where she had been sitting on the edge of her bed. "It still doesn't feel real, you know?"

Jenna nodded in understanding as she stepped further into the room. "I know what you mean. Graduation always feels a little surreal. But trust me, you're going to have a great day. And I'll be there to cheer you on every step of the way."

Evangelina's smile grew a little wider at that. She appreciated Jenna's support more than she could say. "Thanks, Jenna. I really appreciate it. I just wish..." she trailed off, a sad look in her eyes.

Jenna knew immediately what her friend was thinking. "You wish Leonardo could be here," she finished for her, placing a comforting hand on Evangelina's arm.

Evangelina nodded, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "I know it's silly, but I can't help feeling like something's missing without him here," she said softly.

Jenna pulled her into a tight hug. "It's not silly at all, Evi. It's totally normal to feel that way. But don't let it overshadow how amazing you are and what an incredible accomplishment this is. You worked so hard for this, and today is all about celebrating you."