054. 𝗒𝗈𝗎

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FIFTHY-FOUR —
You

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FIFTHY-FOUR —You

──────

Evangelina's eyelids fluttered open, greeted by the dim light filtering through the curtains. As she tried to push herself up, a wave of dizziness washed over her, leaving her weak and disoriented. Klaus was nowhere to be seen beside her, causing a sense of unease to settle in.

Summoning every ounce of strength, Evangelina forced herself out of bed and stumbled towards the mirror, using the nearby furniture for support. Her heart raced with fear as she caught a glimpse of her reflection.

Gasping, she clutched at her chest, her eyes widening with disbelief. The once vibrant and lively eyes that peered back at her now appeared faint and bruised, surrounded by dark circles that spoke of sleepless nights. Her baby bump, previously a modest size, had ballooned overnight, stretching her clothing tautly around her abdomen. Her body, once filled with youthful curves, now looked gaunt and skeletal.

"What the?" Evangelina whispered, her voice barely audible. She struggled to comprehend the drastic changes that had occurred in such a short span of time. Confusion and fear coursed through her veins, making her feel even more vulnerable.

"Klaus!" she called out, her voice trembling with urgency. Panic began to rise within her, amplifying the already present weakness. She pushed open the bedroom door and staggered towards the staircase.

As if sensing her distress, Klaus's footsteps hastened, echoing up the stairs. He rounded the corner, his expression a mixture of concern and shock as he took in Evangelina's deteriorating state. He hurried to her side, steadying her trembling form.

"What... what's happening to me?" Evangelina managed to croak, her voice barely above a whisper. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over, mirroring the fear and uncertainty that gripped her soul.

Klaus's eyes filled with tears of his own, but he quickly wiped them away, trying to remain strong for Evangelina. He gently caressed her cheek, his touch offering a semblance of reassurance amidst the chaos.

"I don't know, my love," Klaus replied, his voice filled with tenderness. "But we'll figure it out. We'll find answers and help you get through this. I won't leave your side."

─────────────────────

Evangelina, supported by Klaus on one side and Elijah on the other, walked through the bustling streets of the city. Her steps were slow and unsteady, her face hidden beneath oversized sunglasses, and her coat pulled tightly around her as if seeking refuge from prying eyes. Despite her efforts to conceal her deteriorating appearance, the toll of her illness remained evident.