023. 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO—
trusting actions

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO—  trusting actions

───────────────

Kayla sat on her bed, scrolling through her phone. Yawning as she heard a faint knock on the door, raising her eyebrow she jumps out of bed.

Kayla walks through the house, noticing a figure standing at the door. Kayla placed her hand on the handle, opening it as she examined the man.

He was quite handsome, with dark brown styled hair, and deep brown eyes. As he stood with a black suit on, and a stubble lingering across his smirk.

"Hello?" Kayla asked him, leaning against the door as he stood watching her.

"Sorry for knocking at this hour, miss. But I'm trying to search for someone," the man nodded at her, as Kayla listened in.

"Have you seen a girl with a golden key necklace? Around mystic falls at all?" The man smirked at her, holding up a picture of the exact necklace Evangelina wore.

"Uh-" Kayla hesitated.

"No I haven't, why do you need to know?" Kayla lied to him, the instinct not to trust him laid in the back of her mind.

"Just an object I hold close to me, Kayla." The man shocked her, earning a slight gasp from her lips.

"How do you know my name?" Kayla leaned off the door, folding her arms as he didn't answer.

"I know a lot of things, Kayla," the man replied, with a slight mystery to his tone.

"Have a good day," the man left her speechless, walking away as he sped off into the streets.

────────────────────

Evangelina brushed her hair, staring at the eye bags underneath her eyes. Her eyes were almost red from the night before, another sleepless night. She had always had bad nightmares, once every full moon she'd get a good night's rest. Ever since leaving home, they'd been getting worse.

Evangelina sniffles, grabbing her makeup from the side as she tried to cover up her tired complexion. 

"I look like a goblin," Evangelina says to herself, running a hand through her hair as her stomach rumbles.

"And hungry," Evangelina adds, springing up from her seat

Evangelina ties her hair into a ponytail, leaving two strands out as she walks near the door.