Chapter 2: pool party

------------✧♡✧-------------

He seemed quite unimpressed when his eyes met Heeseung and the girl. "That's Arin. She moved here two years ago and visited your brother's class," Jungwon explained.

"You're talking about Arin?" a voice suddenly whispered from behind, putting an arm around me and Jungwon each. "She's hot, right?" Jay nodded at the redhead.

"Is Heeseung dating her?", I asked Jay, squinting my eyes, and he nodded. "For about 8 months now.".

"But I'm single. Just for your information. RIGHT SUNGHOON?" he replied with a grin and Sunghoon rushed over to me. "Do I really have to beat you up to make you stay away from her?".

"Can you please shut up?" I looked angrily at my brother. "I'm not a little kid anymore. So stop treating me like one.".

Many groans and whistles were heard from the team after my statement. Even though Sunghoon is the older one, that doesn't mean I can't tell him my opinion.

In the meantime, Heeseung also walked off the field to take a sip. My eyes stuck to him like glue when he opened his bottle.

"Hee! She asked for you!" Jay suddenly shouted and disappeared behind me and Jungwon.

Heeseung seemed confused as he walked toward the two of us. "What's up?".

I squeezed Sunghoon shirt in my hand like crazy, even though I was disgusted by it a moment ago.

"You're captain?", I asked him a random question, since I wasn't prepared for a conversation in my head. Jungwon looked at me strangely from the side.

"Recently, yes," he smiled. "That's cool," I nodded, noticing how my best friend's gaze became more and more piercing.

Not knowing what else to say, Heeseung patted my shoulder as he walked past us. "See you, Hyeona."

We waited a few seconds until he passed. "What the heck was this?", Jungwon raised his eyebrows. "

You were as nervous as I was before my first anesthesia."

"What?" I laughed. "Don't be silly, I've known Hee my whole life. We get along well.".

Sunghoon suddenly reappeared in front of me and finally took his shirt from my hands. "You came by bus, right?".

"Will you give us a ride home?", I begged him with puppy eyes. "Are you joking! I told you not to come, so you can see for yourselves how to get back home. Besides, I'm taking Heeseung and his girlfriend. So no more room". He also passed, leaving us behind.

We should get back home on our own? Well...nothing easier than that. My head spun around, looking for the two last persons next to the field.

"Jake!", I walked up to him. He raised his head, interrupting his conversation with Beomgyu. "Can you give us a ride home? Me and Jungwon?

Jake shouldered his bag before nodding toward the car with a grin. "Sure."

***

About one hour later, I was laying on one of our sun loungers next to the pool in our garden. It was really hot and sunny, so the best weather to cool off in the water and sunbathe.

I was just about to drift off for a nap when my memory drifted back to the car ride.

Jake is really funny. He's also one of the few friends my brother has who doesn't treat Jungwon like shit.

Sunghoon isn't as close to Jake as he is to Heeseung, so I couldn't really gauge him over the years. When the whole group of boys was at our house, I was usually at school.