Chapter 33: bless you

------------✧♡✧-------------

„Thank you so much! Have fun!", Jacob waved to the little girl who was tightly holding her mother's hand and entering the first theater with a bag of popcorn, smiling happily.

„Hyeona?", he suddenly called me from behind, as he noticed we run out of plastic cups below the counters. I rummaged around in our small storage room for a cleaning cloth, because I had dropped a bowl of nachos and cheese sauce while serving a guest earlier, and the mess was now sticking all over the floor.

He stuck his head through the door and almost knocked me off the stool I was standing on. "Do you know where the cups are? They're empty.".

"For real? I swear I refilled them yesterday.", I climbed down and left the room to check it myself. But he was right, besides tons of sauces, bowls for popcorn and nachos, and a pile of crumbs, there was nothing left under the counter. "Okay, I will go and get some new ones, you hold the fort here for a moment. After work, I'll show you where all the stuff is stowed away," I promised, and without further ado, I made my way to the basement of the movie theater. Maybe I was even lucky and found a cloth there.

I carefully balanced two large towers of cups in my hands up the stairs and was immediately relieved by Jacob when he saw me. By now, a long line of customers had formed, waiting for their drinks. "I'll quickly get some more, and then I'll help you serve them. I called out as I jogged back down the steps.

After a few minutes, I reappeared and was surprised to see that there were hardly any people left to serve and Jacob was just saying goodbye to the last customers. "Wow, I'm impressed, newbie," I said in amazement, earning a proud grin. "I'm just a natural," he boasted, and i laughingly threw him a towel. "Are you also a natural at drying off? Let's see your skills, pro.".

Unfortunately, the dishwasher had been out of order for several days and my boss was in contact with a repair company to finally repair the damage. However, this was probably a long time coming, and we had to clean all  the cups by hand.

"I really wonder where all these cups disappear to?" asked Jacob as he waited for me to rinse the first few cups. "I mean, it's not that hard to just throw them in the bucket next to the movie theater. Now we're already using recyclable ones, and yet you need new ones all the time.".

I just shrugged my shoulders. "If you ask me, there should be a deposit system or something. I mean, they look pretty cool.", I took a closer look at one of the cups. "I'd just take those home, too.".

We worked silently for a while, when he suddenly asked a question that surprised me. "So you're back in steady hands, too?", I turned to the older one in amazement and frowned. How would he know about that?

"Earlier, when you were downstairs, your cell phone lit up a few times and a guy whose name you saved with a heart behind his name texted you.

I quickly dried my hands and reached for my cell phone behind me on the counter.

"Don't get it wrong. I wasn't spying or anything. I just happened to notice it when I was putting the cups away," he explained himself, but I was only listening with half an ear.

I opened up the chat between me and Heeseung and my eyes directly jumped to a photo he sent me. A selfie with the whole team, in the background Beomgyu, who was lifted into the air by some people, raising a golden trophy. A big smile appeared on my face. It seemed like they really managed to win the final game. "I will be right back.". I excused myself and left Jacob behind with a confused face as I disappeared into the storage room and closed the door behind me, while dealing his number.