Chapter 5: boyfriend reveal

------------✧♡✧-------------

A few hours passed, and it was starting to get dark outside. My parents still weren't at home, but that was nothing unusual. It often happened that my mom, as a doctor, had an emergency come in late at night.

Anyway, the constellation in the living room hadn't changed much, except for the fact that Sunghoon had put the beer bottles away in the meantime. I noticed this when I finally took Jungwon to the door to see him off.

"Bye then. Have fun at your sister's party on Saturday," I hugged him goodbye - as always.

As soon as I closed the door behind him, I heard the first voices again. "Have fun at the party on Saturday.", Sunghoon mimicked my voice in high tones.

I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen to put a frozen pizza in the oven. My brother and his friends were still staring at the screen, mesmerized.

"Why don't you just admit that you've got the hots for the little guy?", Jay suddenly turned to me. I angrily slammed the door of the oven shut after sinking my pizza into it. "How many more times? I'm not into Jungwon.".

"Yeah sure..." suddenly came from my brother, which surprised me.

I walked around the kitchen island and leaned against it with my arms crossed. "You're the one who says I can't have a boyfriend...".

"...Yahh bro, that's nasty. You're fucking around with hundreds of bitches and your little sis isn't allowed to have one?", Jake dropped back against the backrest after he was game over.

"I never said that. You can have anybody. I don't care," Hoon replied tensely, chewing on his cheek while his eyes never left the screen.

"Anybody?", I raised my eyebrows. Jay immediately winked at me. "Like I said babe, I'm free.". However, I ignored him.

"And even if I were...you couldn't forbid me anything. You can't always control me. Didn't work in America either.".

Sunghoon immediately paused the game as if he had misheard. "What are you talking about?".

I walked back around the counter to check on my pizza. "I dated a boy. For a long time.", I told him, knowing full well that Hoon was probably about to go ballistic.

"You had a boyfriend and didn't tell me?"

Jay shifted excitedly in his seat. "Things are about to get interesting.".

"Oh. I didn't tell anyone. Except Jungwon, he knew. Ah and Heeseung since last week."

My brother's head snapped around to his best friend. "What do you mean, you know what?". Heeseung looked at me in surprise, since I was the one who told him to keep quiet.

"Yes. I told him last week at the party."

You could see that Sunghoon was pissed. "What's wrong with that?", Heeseung asked. „It's no big deal.".

Sunghoon got up from the couch and tossed the empty snack box in the trash. "It's no big deal when a stranger guy fucks my sister, yeah right.".

"It really isn't...", Jake agrees as well.

"Well first of all, you don't have to boss me around like that all the time because, as you can see, it doesn't do any good anyway. Second, I never said I slept with Jacob, and third, it's none of your business either...".

He sighed and stopped in front of me. "You know I'm only like this because I want to protect you...".

"...But I don't need to be protected. Not by you, nor by anyone else Sunghoon!", I pushed his arm away from me.