Chapter 40: star gazing

------------✧♡✧-------------

For what felt like the 5th time I drove along the same road while I was stressed with the navigation on my phone. "Where is this stupid hotel?". I looked alternately at my screen and outside at the many skyscrapers. It was a miracle that I hadn't had a car accident yet.

Quick reminder to you, Hyeona. Don't drive downtown in rush hour traffic anymore. Especially not as a novice driver. I didn't even want to know the liters of sweat I had dropped in the last 30 minutes.

"THERE IT IS!" I suddenly shouted out loud as I saw an underground parking garage to my right, with the name of the hotel written in capital letters on the building above.

How could I have missed that the last four times?

Without further ado, I steered into the underground garage and parked the car in a space.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and checked to see if Heeseung had responded to my last message.

„I'm waiting downstairs in the car park"

Searching, I stretched my head in all directions, I couldn't find him. Therefore, I unceremoniously got out of the black car and decided to text him again.

I was just about to start tipping, as suddenly a picture popped up in our chat. A picture of myself busy with my phone, exactly at the point where I am standing right now.

„On time as always". His voice right in front of me made me startle.

I quickly stowed my phone back in my jacket pocket while admiring his outfit for a few seconds. Dressed completely in black, a leather jacket over the hoodie made him look both cool and classy at the same time.

He walked straight up to me and offered a hug, which I hesitantly returned.

"I know I'm making you speechless, but how about a hello?". He chuckled in my ear.

Damn, my heart was beating against my chest. Why couldn't I have it under control for once.

He took a step back and looked at me with his head tilted. My mouth was as dry as the Gobi Desert. I could hardly get a word out. What the hell had happened to me overnight? I was as nervous as on our first date.

Heeseung seemed to notice it and broke away laughing. „Also, since when do you have a car?".

„It's not mine. It's Kathy's.", I pressed out quickly and noticed how these words loosened my tension a little. „But I passed my drivers license.".

„Oh really!? You don't say! I really would have expected you to drive illegally.". I chuckled awkwardly and stepped into the car. I was absolutely not quick-witted today.

Had this damn spicy dream from last night thrown me off my game so much? I couldn't even look at him without my thoughts circling around it again.

Heeseung sat down on the passenger seat, eying me suspicious while I tried to steer out of the parking space.

„Are you nervous?".

My heart almost skipped a beat. „I know it's obvious.", I replied.

„Cute.", he propped his arm on the window and stared out while I was trying to keep myself calm.

„You know, if you want to stop somewhere so I can continue driving, let me know.", Heeseung grinned.

Since I had gradually had enough of his comments, which were practically melting me away, I punched in his direction a few times. "Shut up now, idiot.".