Chapter Twenty-Eight

Bucky's POV

After mine and Opal's chat last night, we moved my things into the guest bedroom (I had packed everything and put it in my trunk to be prepared). I can't say I'm happy sleeping in here but beggars can't be choosers. I'm just grateful that she agreed to give this another try. I was so worried I had lost her.

I drop Hunter off at school and make me and Opal a cup of coffee "You want me to take you to the coffee house?" I ask. "No thanks, I uh- I don't work there anymore". My mouth hangs open "Since when?", "Since last week". I had no idea, what the hell? "So where do you work now?", "I work with Bruce and Tony in the lab", okay now I'm starting to feel a little agitated, no-one told me. She notices the scowl on my face and let's outa sigh "It's not a big deal, I helped them a few times last year and they asked me to work full time", "I just had no idea you knew science" she gives me a questioning look "Are you saying that you thought I was stupid?" Her tone of voice erupts fear in the pit of my stomach "N- no not at all".

We sit down across from each other as we sip our coffee. She's staring at me with beady eyes like she's plotting my murder. I raise my eyebrow at her "What?", "I don't think I was mad at you for long enough", "You were mad at me for like 3 weeks, Opal", she nods her head slowly as if to say 'Yeah, I know', I let out a breathy laugh "You can be as mad as me as you want but you're not getting rid of me. I WILL make it up to you", she smirks "Good reply". After we finish our coffee I ask if I could cook for her Friday night, Tony and Pepper already agreed to have Hunter. Opal says yes and we drive to the compound. I still can't get over that she's been working here and I had no idea, I hadn't even known she was into all that science crap. I guess it shows how little time we've known each other, it's crazy because I am utterly in love with this women. But as they say "When you've found the one, you'll know" and I absolutely do know. Opal is the one for me.

Opal's POV

"So, you and Barnes are working through his little outburst?" Tony asks as we rewire Redwing, "Yeah but I'm still very mad at him", "That's understandable, but try not to punish him for long. He's suffered enough and he's trying to do better" me and Bruce exchange confused looks , "Yeah I know, that's not something you'd expect from me. Don't get used to it" there's there Stark we know and love. We chat about our lives and Bruce tells me he finally worked up the courage to ask out Natasha "Oh my god! You've been wanting to do that for ages!", "Yeah, I'm very excited". Awe. Nat and Bruce aren't exactly the ones you'd imagine being together but I think they could be good for each other.

After we're done for the day, James picks me up. "How was your day?", "It was good. You know, Tony's really warmed up to you", James smiles "Yeah, it's great".

"Hunter's already with Cindy so all that's left is for you to get ready". He's really taking this serious, not a surprise though he is great at planning dates. I shower, straighten my hair and put on my tight, black flowery dress and practically skip downstairs. When I get to the living room James isn't here, I call him but there's no answer. Just as I'm about to look in the kitchen the door knocks, I furrow my brows in confusion and open the door. I smile at the sight before me. James is wearing a white shirt that's only buttoned half way and a black pair of trousers. He hands me a bunch of sunflowers, I kiss him on his cheek and thank him.

James pulls my seat out for me at the dining room table and then circles back around to his seat opposite me. "So Opal, tell me about about yourself", I laugh at his attempt at making this seem like a real first date "Well I work in a science lab, I have a son called Hunter and I'm actually four months pregnant", James smiles "I did notice you're showing a little more", "Are you calling me fat?" I smirk. The colour drains out of James' face "Wha-No, no definitely not" I burst out with laughter "Calm down, I'm kidding", he lets out a deep breath and blushes "I hate you".

As we sit and eat the spaghetti bolognaise that James made, we make small talk by asking questions about each other. "I'm still waiting on these photos of you with blue hair and piercings", I let out a huff "No way". Once we finish our dinner, we head to the living room and put on a movie. I can tell James is nervous, he's not sure how far to go so I help him out. I lean my body against his and rest my head on his chest, he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer. "Thank-you for giving me another chance" he whispers, "I honestly didn't think I would but I can't be without you, James. Just please don't hurt me again", he kisses me on my forehead "I won't, doll".

Once the movie finishes we clean up the dishes and decide to call it a night. Before James exits the kitchen I grab his arm "I don't want to start from the beginning. It's unfair, especially considering we skipped half the steps in the first place", he lowers his head and bites back a smile "Thank god for that" he laughs. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me in for a deep kiss. His tongue automatically finds mine and we fight over dominance causing the kiss to get sloppy. He pushes my back against the kitchen island and presses his bulge into my groin. I waste no time in unbuttoning his pants. He lifts me into the island, breaking the kiss. "You don't know how much I've missed you" he pants out, "Then show me" I say breathlessly. A smirk makes its way onto James' face as he bunches my dress up to my hips, he lifts my legs onto his shoulders and slowly leans me back until my back rests on the island. "Take this as me making it up-to you" he lowers his head and groans "You aren't wearing any panties?", "No, sir". He licks a stripe up my folds and inserts two fingers. As he pumps in and out of me at a steady pace I let a moan escape. He latched his lips around my clit and starts sucking, he groans now and again causing vibrations to shoot through my body. The familiar feeling burns it's way up my stomach and my legs tense, squeezing James' shoulders as I finish. He once again licks every part of my release. He removes his fingers and brings them to my mouth, I suck them slowly "Good girl" he growls.

He sits me up and budges my legs open with his palms, I wrap my arms around him and hide my face in the crook of his neck as he lines himself up to my entrance and pushes himself in "Fuck, you're even tighter than before" he says lowly. While James pushes in and out of me, I suck and kiss him all over his neck. He takes a hold of my hair and lifts my head up, our faces are merely inches apart "I want you to look me in the eyes when I make you come", a whimper shoots from my lips and he smirks, "Yes, Sergeant" I moan. He picks up his pace, I feel the muscles in his back flex and my eyes begin to shut as I feel my orgasm creeping up on me. James grabs my chin "Look at me" he demands. I use every bit of my energy and will power to keep my eyes open and focused as I come. Black spots begin to blur my vision but I'm determined to oblige. While I'm still riding out my high, James reaches his.

We sit there for a while to catch our breaths. "I love you James" I whisper. He lifts me off the counter but doesn't put me down, "I love you more, Opal". He carries me to our bedroom and we fall asleep with our bodies intertwined like we are one. Just how it's supposed to be.