Chapter Thirty-Three

Opal's POV

I'm exhausted. It's been a week since I was able to leave the hospital, I was there for six days and James never once left my side. Everyone visited, it was lovely. We took a shit tone of photos too which Nat has already printed off.

James and I knew it wouldn't be easy- I already went through this once- but I was still worried about how he'd take it, especially considering that little freak out he had after the gender reveal. To my surprise, he's been amazing. We're up nearly every two hours with her and he insists on me resting as much as possible but we're breastfeeding so I obviously have to be up when she's due for food.

I still have my intense mood swings too, but they're less on the angry side. I find myself crying over everything, especially how helpful James has been. When I had Hunter, I didn't have someone there with me 24/7. I went weeks without showering sometimes, I hardly ate and I didn't take care of myself. My hair would be full of knots, my clothes were constantly stained but I didn't care, as long as my little boy was clean and healthy. But now, James cooks us full meals every day, he runs me a bath every night- which we take together- and he brushes my hair. I couldn't ask for a better person to do this with. We're a team and a very good one at that.

Hunger is absolutely in love with his new baby sister too. I was worried he may feel neglected but we sat him down and explained how Jasmine needs a lot more care and attention. Yes that's right, Jasmine. Jasmine Rebecca Barnes. Rebecca for James' sister, which whom he adored.

Right now, me, James and Hunter are wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa watching TV while Jasmine sleeps in my arms.

Bucky's POV

I can't take my eyes off of everyone but I'm going to have to soon, before I get emotional. This is my family. My girlfriend. My son. My daughter. Who would have thought? Because I didn't. I assumed I'd be alone for the rest of my life, drowning in nightmares from my past but here I am. It's amazing how one person can have such a big impact on someone's life. What would have happened that day if Sam and Steve hadn't forced me to talk to Opal?

As the movie nears the end. Jasmine begins to stir around in Opal's arms. "She needs feeding"
She whispers softly. I nod my head and she gets up to leave the room. I pull Hunter closer to me and place a kiss in his hair "You've been an amazing big brother". He smiles and continues watching the TV.

We say goodnight to Hunter after the movie finishes and lay in bed. I thread my fingers through Opal's and kiss her knuckles, she blushes slightly. I love that I still have that impact on her. "Thank-you for being so great, James", "As if I would ever let you do this alone. We're a team" I reply.

As we lay I silence I can't help but have the urge to scrap my surprise and do it now. I flip on the lamp on our bedside table and sit up, Opal copies "Is everything okay?" She asks, eyes full of worry. I turn to her "I had a whole thing planned but fuck it. I can't wait any longer, it's killing me. Opal, I always knew we were perfect for each other. But after seeing how much of an amazing team we make, I'm even more certain that you were created just for me" I lean over to the draw and pull out the same velvet box from before, Opal's mouth falls open. "Opal Lewis, for the second time, will you marry me?", she crashes her lips onto mine and softly says "Yes" against my lips. We make out for a long time. We haven't been able to do anything since Jasmine, we haven't had time and Opal had to get stitches. You can imagine my shock when I found out that having a baby literally rips you apart. Women are super heroes, fuck the Avengers and the fucking guardians of the galaxy. I'd like to see Tony do this.