Chapter Seven

Opal's POV

I wake up in a not so great mood. James didn't call yesterday to let me know that they're home, maybe they're not home yet, maybe things didn't go so well, or maybe he just forgot.

I make me and Hunter sausage, eggs and beans for breakfast as we have a long day ahead of us. We're going Halloween shopping, October starts next week and things tend to sell out fast. I drive us to the mall and we look around for things.

I buy a bunch of window stickers, fake spiders, fake bloody footprints and hand prints. Hunter picks out his costume, he wants to be a zombie fireman so I buy a lot of face paint and brushes too. "Can we make scary cakes too?", "Of course, hunny". I let him pick out cake toppers while I buy food colouring and icing. Halloween is my favourite holiday, it's the only one I have decent memories of. Although I had to take myself trick or treating as a kid, I still got to dress up and eat all my candy in my room. I promised myself that I would always go all out for holidays with Hunter. Christmas was the hardest for me, we never decorated or gave presents but I loved hearing about everything my friends got. When I first moved here, Cindy and her grandparents helped me a lot with the holidays, they gave me a list of things to do and told me what usually happens. I didn't understand the Santa Clause, Tooth fairy and Easter Bunny thing so they explained.

It's around 4pm when we finish shopping so I call Cindy and pick her up. James is supposed to be picking me up at 6pm so I have a good two hours to get ready. He told me to dress casual so I throw on a grey knitted sweater and a pair of black jeans.

Cindy's playing with Hunter while I sit on the sofa shaking my leg up and down nervously. She grabs my leg "Relax", "I can't Cind, he was supposed to be here half an hour ago. What if he didn't make it back?", she lets out a sigh "Come on, let's go make Hunter's tea". Hunter's bedtime is 7pm, he asked for cookies and a glass of milk for tea so there's nothing to make, Cindy just wants to take my mind off things; which I appreciate, but it's not going to work.

As Hunter eats his tea at the table, Cindy snatches my phone out of my hands. "Stop checking your messages, you're stressing yourself out even more". "I know" I whine.

It's now 7pm, I put Hunter to bed, tell him I love him and give him a kiss goodnight. When I get back to the living room, I see that Cindy's made me a cup of tea. "Thank-you" I say. She tries to comfort me by saying he's probably fallen asleep from exhaustion but my anxiety doesn't leave. My chest feels so tight, I'm struggling to breath. "It's okay, deep breaths...in through your nose and out through your mouth", Cindy guides and breaths with me until I'm able to catch my breath again. She pulls me to her side, I rest my head on her shoulder and whisper "I'm so worried". As she opens her mouth to speak the door knocks. I look at her with wide eyes "Go, go, go" she ushers. I run to the door and open it. James is holding on-to the wall for support, looking half-beaten "Hey" he manages to get out. "What the fuck happened?" I ask whilst I wrap his arm around my neck and support his body as I guide him into the living room. "Oh my god!" Cindy yells, she helps me sit him down on the sofa. "Thank-you" he says, "I'm fine, there were more people than we expected, we only just flew in, I'm so sorry i'm late. We had no power and all of our phones were out of battery. I sprinted here as soon as we landed". That just melted my heart and made me angry at the same time. "James, you didn't need to do that, look at you". His clothes are ripped, he's full of blood and cuts. I go to the kitchen and get the first aid kit. "I'm fine" he says, "Take your clothes off" I demand. He looks at me like i'm being ridiculous, I give him the same look I give Hunter when he's talking back. James lets out a huff and takes off his jacket, then his shirt. Cindy's on the opposite side of the couch sipping at her tea "Nice work girl" she winks, Bucky blushes. "You know I heal faster than the normal person, right?", I roll my eyes at him "You still need to clean them, moron". He looks at Cindy "She always this bossy?", "She's a MILF, what do you expect?" she snickers. I hate it when she calls me that. James looks at her confused "Oh right, forgot you're old. It means 'Mother I'd Like to Fuck'", he bursts out laughing so I slap his arm "Keep still".

Bucky's POV

After Opal finishes cleaning my back up with the alcohol pads she makes her way to the front, Cindy decided to leave around 5 minutes ago to give us some privacy since Opal made it very clear we aren't going out. She grabs the fresh pads and starts to clean the cuts on my side. It does sting a little but nothing I can't handle. I start to fake twitch every time she touches me "James, keep still" she laughs. I keep moving around dramatically, she grabs my arms and climbs onto my lap straddling me, still laughing "You're so difficult". I lean my head on the back of the couch as she cleans every cut and scratch on me. I watch her intensely as she makes her way up-to my face. I lift my head but never once take my eyes off of her. She holds my face gently in her hands, "What?" she says, I smile "Nothing". "You're going to need stitches in this one". She rubs her thumb around the deep cut on my cheek. She pulls out a needle and thread, "You know how to stitch?", "Yep". As she concentrates on stitching me up I put my hands on her hips. I'm very aware of her body on mine right now and no doubt, she can feel me hardening against my combat pants.

"All done" she says 5 minutes later. I whisper a small thank-you and keep my hands placed on her hips. Our faces are inches apart. She snakes her arms around my neck and kisses me slowly "I was so worried about you" she says quietly. I apologise and we continue making-out. She slowly starts rocking her hips back and forth on my hard cock, I pull away from our kiss to catch my breath. As we stare at each others swollen lips I feel obligated to say "I decided when I first met you that we wouldn't have sex until our 5th date", She tries to bite back a smile "You're a gentleman, James Barnes". "I really am sorry that I caused you so much worry". She tells me it's fine, she's just never been in this position before.

We decide to still have our date. I grab a shit tone of snacks from her kitchen while she grabs a few blankets and we put on her favourite movie 'Tangled'. I strip out of my ripped pants and wrap myself up in a blanket, next to Opal. I sling my arm around her and she leans into me. Now and again I watch her face light up at her favourite scenes. The lantern scene even made her smile.

Once the movie's ended, she asks me if I'd like to stay the night. "Oh, I should probably tell you that Hunter's here", "That's fine, I can leave early in the morning if you'd like" I offer. She looks at me sweetly "Orrrrr....you could meet him? ". I beam with happiness "Really?". She nods her head. I scoop her up in my arms and carry her upstairs to her room. When we're laying in bed she tells me how Hunter keeps asking to meet me and about some mom from school who makes comments every chance she gets. I remind Opal that she's a brilliant mother and that Hunter's an extremely lucky boy to have her. "You're going to make me cry, stop" she laughs. I hover over her as she lays on her back and plant kisses all around her face. I shoot Sam a text to drop me spare clothes off in the morning because I don't want to met her kid half-naked. It may be too soon but I can honestly say that I want to take things further with Opal, I want her to be my girlfriend but I'm not going to rush in-to things, I want to enjoy getting to know her and taking her on dates. I don't see an issue with meeting her son because I know that I want to be around for a very long time.