Chapter 18 : Rififi at the Gate

That afternoon there were no classes, so Lisa visited the rubble of her house.

Everything was a pile of tiles, clumps and wood. Distraught, she looked at what had once been her home. There was nothing left of her past life. It was sad. After her mother and grandparents, it was her house's turn. All the memories of her family were there.

This detail alone brought tears to her eyes.

The pictures of her mother... Of grandpa... Of granny... Of course, on some of them there was also his father. But she wasn't interested in that. With a sniff, she took one of the anonymous stones in her hand.

-How come the police aren't looking for me? she asked as Satan embraced her from behind in a tender embrace.

-Lilith has hidden everything from the eyes of the humans. To them, your house is still standing.

-Oh.

With a blank mind, she considered it all. How long would it take to clear it all away? Was there any hope of finding a picture of her mother? And her classes, by the way? She had to pass her high school diploma soon.

Suddenly, she frowned.

-Did you say that humans can't see this?

-Yes, indeed.

Satan seemed intrigued.

-Why?

She scratched her cheek, thoughtful.

-Miriam asked me if I was okay, because she thought she saw my house collapsed.

They both thought. At least, Lisa did. For Satan was watching the surroundings, looking worried.

-We should go back. I feel like we are being watched.

Once in the human home of the royal demon, they relaxed a bit. It was Wednesday afternoon, they had time to spare. Physically and emotionally tired, Lisa took refuge under the shower.

It was Italian style, with a large bay window closing one side. Taking advantage of a rare moment of solitude, she stayed under the burning jet. And to think that a week and a half earlier, she was still alone. Like what, one got used quickly to a new environment. To a new life.

In any case, she was not bored! By the way, what about work? Wasn't she supposed to go to the bookstore today? She would have been unable to say. Well, she would get a message... At worst, it had to be next Saturday. Or Sunday.

Raising her eyes, she discovered Satan. A towel around the waist, in red and horns, he was observing her with a small smile, leaning with one shoulder on the glass of the shower. Peony, she covered herself by reflex intimate parts and chest.

-Can I join you?

-Uh...

He took that for a yes. Abandoning his towel on the floor, he discovered a straight and proud erection, proof of the desire that he felt by seeing her thus. Not knowing what to do, she was relieved when he joined her under the burning jet of the shower.

-Why hide? he murmured, running a hand lightly over the back of her neck. I've already seen everything. I've touched everything. And if you want... It could happen again.

When she didn't answer, in confusion, he gently took her chin between his thumb and forefinger, to encourage her to look at him. Her beautiful red eyes were half-closed, yet fiery. He was so close... So close...