Chapter 14 : Looking for a Lost Soul

Everyone knows about the school. Gossip spreads faster there than syphilis did on the new continent in the age of the constitadors. So when Satan and Lisa came out of the girls' bathroom together, in front of the whole class, it was over.

She was a girl on fire.

And the other as Don Juan, of course.

But since Lisa was still reeling from her abduction by Lucifer and her confrontation with a multi-ton dragon, it wasn't really her problem at the time. In fact, she didn't hear anything from the rest of the field trip. Glued to Satan, she saw the demon's black-veined forearm in her chest, the giant reptile's mouth opening wide to spit flames... And Cerberus' desperate race to escape.

But above all, she saw again the faces of those children, those women and those men frightened by the arrival of the dragon. The one she had awakened to get out of it.

A strong sense of guilt had accompanied her ever since.

-Satan, I made a mistake, she said when she returned home that evening.

Having already resumed his appearance of demon, her husband let himself fall into the sofa with a sigh of voluptuousness. Exhausted by the debauchery of physical and magical power that he had shown, he still found a way to smile at her.

-Mmmh, does that mean you have to be punished?

At his tone, she found a way to blush. Obviously, there was no one else in the house but them. She put the demonic Chihuahua down on the brand new parquet floor of the living room. He went to have a good drink, before collapsing on his back, all four paws in the air. Soon, a peaceful snoring sound reached them.

-It's up to you, she gurgled. I'm the one who woke up the dragon.

Unable to look at him, she stared at Cerberus, whose small chest was rising and falling in a regular rhythm.

-I have put the entire population of the city in danger, Satan. Your subjects. I am so sorry...

Unable to continue, she could no longer think. Only her wave of panic at the prospect of her husband's reaction was perceptible to her.

-And you did the right thing, he said, catching her completely off guard.

Flabbergasted, she considered the demon lying on the couch, his hands crossed behind his head stretching his flat stomach full of abs.

-Sorry?

-You forget that the said people are ten times more powerful than you, even the weakest. They are not humans, my little woman, but demons, zombies, skeletons and other magical creatures. They could very well have climbed the magic barrier by themselves until I arrived to repel the dragon.

-But... The fact remains that I put them in danger...

-Lisa, why do you think the dragons are all waking up right now?

Interested, she frowned.

-Because you have less... power... Because of me?

-Not at all. It's Lucifer who wakes them all up to crack my nuts. You know what I mean? You just took the wind out of his sails. With or without you, the dragon Termidor would have been awakened.

Was he saying this to reassure her? She couldn't figure it out...

-But if you insist, he breathed, suddenly behind his back, I want to punish you.