Chapter 20 : Paternal Confrontation

The two skeletons on watch must have tied his father to the bed. On the other hand... waking up with two piles of bones talking next to him was not something that would improve a human's mental health.

-Good evening, my King, good evening my Queen.

-Lisa! Lisa, you have to save me! Get me out of here! Please, I beg of you!

His daughter looked at him, furious. Yet she put herself in his place. After a stint in Lucifer's hands, he found himself facing another demon who looked strangely like him. But this one was quite hostile to him.

-I... she began, before being cut off by her husband.

-You who sold the life, soul and body of your daughter to the vilest being of my dimension, you have no right to make demands.

This stopped his father in his tracks, whose wide blue eyes looked gigantic in his emaciated face. He could not take his eyes off the demon king, who grabbed a chair and sat astride it. Satan stretched out his hand in the direction of Lisa, while covering her with a look full of softness. She smiled at him, while slipping her fingers between his, warm, reassuring.

-Your daughter is Queen, he declared. My wife.

He kissed her hand gently.

-Nevertheless, your action still puts her life in danger. How can a father throw his offspring to a famous stranger, a demon no less?

-I... I didn't think...

Ah, the good excuse! If a look could have killed, Lisa would have struck him on the spot.

-As I suspected, you are disappointing, Jacque Peronne, said Satan of a horribly calm voice. Oh well. Can you tell me what my brother did to you, during these last few days? Which could justify that you sell my wife a second time, of course?

As he suddenly seemed unable to speak, with tears in his eyes and his mouth open and trembling, one of the servants spoke up:

My king, said the white-boned maid, whose eyebrow was encrusted with small sapphires. Your wife's father has multiple signs of torture under his clothes, as well as magical markers of temporary death with instant healing.

She didn't understand everything, but Lisa didn't like it.

-He left you at death's door before he healed you, didn't he? That's typical of my brother. And yet you were willing to sell your daughter... Do you know what he would have done to her?

-I... couldn't... think... anymore... he stammered, ashamed.

Lisa felt, in addition to her own, her husband's anger take a more unpleasant turn. Still sitting, his big horns seeming to dominate everybody, he assailed the horrible reality to his father.

-She would have been raped, flayed alive, tortured, suffered a thousand and one torments far worse than anything you could have. My brother hates humans, and humans are his favorite food. He would have devoured her soul before using her empty shell as an object. Do I make myself clear?

An icy shiver went up the spine of the high school girl. She, in any case, had understood well.

-Your faults do not date back to this week, continued the demon. You abandoned your daughter for a Satanist cult! To worship me, while I'm beating the crap out of people like you, and you'll never be able to summon me because of your magical amoeba power!