Chapter 5 : Of a Different Nature

The next morning, Lisa turned off her alarm clock with a grunt, in the dreadful heat. How hot it could be in her room!

Completely stunned, she opened one unfresh eye, to discover Cerberus curled up in a ball between her neck and shoulder. That was part of the explanation for the unbearable temperature. The second was a red man with horns whose head was lodged between her breasts, the rest of his body lying on hers.

-Satan! she exclaimed, sitting up suddenly in bed.

Not at all awake, but dislodged from his very hot place, he half-opened a red eye, emitted an annoyed groan before embracing her waist, to force her to lie down again, the cheek stuck to her breastbone. The devil!

-That's enough! she bellowed, waving like a beautiful devil. I'm not a blanket! Get out of my bed! And what are you doing in it, first of all!

-I'm trying to sleep, he grumbled.

His large red hand rested on her breast. Or rather, it infiltrated under her pyjama top to put its burning palm on the fleshy globe. Lisa blushed to the roots of her hair... And exploded.

If he hadn't had red skin, Satan would have had a nice slap mark on his cheek. Looking sad over his breakfast, he looked at Rwine, who apparently also lived here, with a puppy dog look.

-She threw me out of her bed.

-She is a human, my King. She doesn't have the same proximity criteria as you.

-Don't talk about me as if I wasn't there! As for you, Satan, don't say anything! One does not go in the sheets of an innocent young girl!

-You are my wife!

-Shut up! I already said it was a mistake!

This time, Satan, King of the Underworld, looked really depressed. She saw him literally slump in his seat until his cheek touched the kitchen table. Wow... It looked like his batteries were running dry.

What was suddenly happening to him?

Even though he read her mind, Rwine refrained from answering this silent question. Instead, he disappeared, probably back into the underworld from which he came. Cerberus squeaked as he rubbed his tiny head against his master's calf.

-Satan? What is happening to you? You're not fighting anymore, all of a sudden.

A long sigh escaped him. Come on.

-I am a demon, my wife.

-So what?

-My nature is slightly different from yours.

She frowned. Even though she was angry with him for this morning, she didn't like seeing him in such a state. She walked around the table and knelt down in front of him, without touching him. Immediately, the chihuahua wrapped itself around her feet, eager for caresses. Satan, his cheek on the cold wood, had his eyes closed. With his long horns and red skin, the image was atypical.

-You need something, right?

-Sex.

-Go to hell.

Soul-splitting sigh.

-Well, is a hug enough for you?

Immediately, he opened his eyes.