Chapter 8 : Demonic Dimension

The demon dimension, Hell, as humans would say Earth, was dominated by three suns and two moons. Surprisingly, if the Bible and ancient texts gave it a smell of sulfur, Lisa discovered an air devoid of any pollution. According to Satan, this was due to the absence of factories, since they had no need for such large-scale manufacturing.

They had arrived directly on the terrace atop the royal palace. From here they could see the city of Hades stretching across part of the horizon, before being replaced by a wilderness, woods and small towns in the distance. The world he ruled was as big as his Earth, but unlike human rulers, he could go anywhere he wanted in the blink of an eye.

Also, here, agribusinesses existed only for meat production, not for vegetables and other things growing in the ground. They didn't need them, since even a four-year-old could make a ripe carrot appear with a snap of his fingers.

So there was no such thing as famine.

-However, this world is not perfect, he said, turning to her.

Dressed in a black outfit enhanced by a black and gold frock coat, he displayed his demon face. Nevertheless, with his hair combed back and his horns pointing to the sky lit by the three suns, he did not scare her. On the contrary, she enjoyed seeing him in his natural environment. He spoke passionately about his kingdom, which on Earth would be more like an empire. He loved his lands, he loved his citizens. It was obvious.

-We're having problems with the magical residue of the great wars, he explained, folding his arms thoughtfully. Ghouls appear from time to time to devour the inhabitants, some zombies go completely mad. There are factions that advocate supremacy over other dimensions, since we have the power to dominate them. They are extremists who want me dead. Then there are the attacks from the Paradise dimension, with those you call angels. They want our territory, to gorge themselves on the magic of our world. And then there are those who believe humans are good for slavery, others who want to devour them, necromancers, psychopaths and murderers of all kinds. In short, like any civilization we have our own problems, the first of which is pride.

They looked at each other.

-Why are you smiling, my wife?

She laughs softly.

-Nothing. You just look like what you say you are. A king.

-What!? Did you doubt it!?

-Playing the parasite in my house does not work in your favor.

-Hello. You would have refused to come here anyway!

-Not wrong.

Lisa looked up at the sky and its three suns, before looking down at the city of Hades. It seemed beautiful. She really wanted to visit it, but even more to discover this palace where Satan had been raised. What was family life like in Hell?

-Will you show me around? she said with an almost shy smile.

-Of course. My subjects will be more than happy to see their new Queen!

Against all odds, she did not balk when he took her hand. After all, she was in another dimension. She felt safer in his hands.

When they went downstairs, they found all the servants and permanent residents of the palace lined up in the throne room, Rwine at their head. The king's butler, she suddenly realized. All of these titles suddenly took on a different meaning.