Part 13: A house with a mystery

(Coming at you with a surprise chappy during work UwU Let's get our new guy introduced legitimately~)

A few days later we managed to reach the edge of the forest. Everything was so bright in the sun, now that we were finally out on the grass field. The golden orb hovered above what looked like a chunk of the ground, raised up and cut in half so all of the caves were visible. It was a bizarre, but stunning view.
I couldn't exactly say how big this area was, considering that the shadows inside the caves were too dark too quickly. So all I could do was guess that those caves were extremely long.
Red seemed shocked by the sight, and even Jura couldn't hide how impressed he was. He did travel around a lot, but not once did he see something that came even close to this.
Centi, by now carrying the fully unconscious Jubilea, sniffed the air, but frowned at the moldy, earthy smell coming from the caves.
"They built a little house next to our way up!", Nightmare suddenly exclaimed, pointing at an old elevator in the side of one of those structures. Next to it was a little wooden house with a big wheel behind it. Probably to pull that elevator up, because there were old ropes that went all the way up and over a second wheel before attaching themselves to the elevator platform.
I frowned slightly. Something about this felt... oddly familiar. I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but there was something that gave me the heebie-jeebies.
"Maybe we can find help for Jub and resources there...", Hero mentioned, tho didn't seem too sure about his own statment.
Not sure if it was because of Jub's critical state, the curiosity or the fact that our rations are running dangerously low, we all collectively decided it was worth checking the hut out and went up to it.
It seemed so incredibly calm and quiet, but we were all tense. Something wasn't right, my mind was screaming at me to turn around and run away, that this was a horrible idea.
But none of us dared mentioning our concerns.
Once we arrived at the door, we tried to decide who would knock. Xander already tensed up, a clear sign that he felt something bad. This wasn't good, if he were to snap now, we'd be helpless. Jub isn't awake to help us after all.
I patted his back slightly to calm him down. Sane Xander was always better than insane Xander. The issue however was still that we didn't feel safe.
"Maybe we shouldn't...", Red started, hesitant. Bellatrix and Hollow seemed a bit tense too, Hollow constantly had his hand on his pistol. I didn't exactly blame him for that, he was nervous. As a former military person, I can understand him.
"Who's gonna open the door?", I asked. No one really dared to reply, so eventually Nighty just rolled his eyes and knocked. Zeph hid behind him, visibly uncomfortable. "Why would you be that calm? We don't know what's in there and none of us is ready to figure that out!", he mumbled. Nighty shrugged softly. "That's exactly why I knocked. I'm curious, I want to know what's in there!", he replied casually.
Damnit.
It didn't take long until the door opened a small bit, barely showing anything of the inside. There was a man standing in the doorway, eyeing us from head to toe. "What are you doing here?", he grumbled, definitely not pleased with our presence.
My heart dropped. He was the last person I wanted to meet. That guy...
This is Adon. You might remember him from the judgement in TWOR. He took care of Nightmare if I'm not won't... Overall, him and me weren't exactly friends, but enemies.
We got into a pretty big fight a long time ago, I barely even remember what it was about. Something about me betraying everyone. Either way, since then he's pretty much out for my blood.
Adon needed a moment before he noticed me, and his look changed from already unamused to actually pissed off in a matter of seconds. "Leave.", he growled. I took a small step back, unsettled. This wasn't good...
"Calm down please.", I mumbled. "We have a different problem. Our friend is unconscious, we're running low on food and water and all in one we need help."
"Yeah, you're gonna need that help. Because I'll kill you for stepping into my territory."
I paused a bit at Adon's angry growl, unsure if this was a horrible joke or if he was serious. Kind of hoping that he'd start laughing, inform me that this was just a cruel prank, I cracked a small grin. "Very funny. Now-", I started, but Adon raised his hand. I screeched and tried to protect myself from the lighting that followed onto that movement, but I didn't have to.
Hero put his hand above my head, catching and absorbing the lighting that usually wouldn't killed me, but didn't harm him at all. Tho he seemed disappointed at the mere attempt on my life. "Seriously? Going for the weak one with a weak attack? Maybe think about getting yourself a victim that's gonna be able to defend himself!", Hero grumbled. His mood has gone down rapidly.
I started in shock as Adon opened the door fully, intrigued. "Oh, he can defend himself well enough. But you just calmly caught that lightning bolt... If you're unhappy with me attacking Jay, I wouldn't mind a fight against a powerful demon like yourself~", he purred, giggling.
Red tried to prevent this fight, so did Zeph, Jura and Nighty. Hero was still fully insane, a fight like this wouldn't be good. He wouldn't stop for anything, so one side will have to give in eventually. Because either Hero would murder Adon when he's down, or he wouldn't stop and fight until he bled out all by himself. Adon only needed a single, good hit on Hero and would have to dodge for the remaining time, then he'd have an easy win.
I understood now why they tried to prevent this fight desperately, but we didn't get anywhere.
Adon and Hero glared at each other, hate and determination filling their eyes.
Hero eventually smirked tho, amused.
"Then come out of your protective home, bitch."