Part 34: Revival

Notch and me snuggled for a long time now

Notch and me snuggled for a long time now. Much longer than I had expected honestly, I still thought he was pissed at me.
But he wasn't. At least he didn't seem like it, especially considering he's just cuddling me like that, his arms wrapped around my waist and his head on my belly, trapping me in bed.
I sighed softly and shifted my arm so it's beneath my head, rubbing over Notchys' head.
It's been a few days and Henory is out of the infirmary. He's pretty good so far, so we might get to work reviving my hubby soon.
Notch didn't mind too much. He was content with snuggling into my body, sleeping or just relaxing.
Eversince he returned and started cuddling he had refused to move or let go of me. He's comfortable like that, also I didn't prevent it at all.
Notch softly yawned and glanced at me. "Cody is still outside, right?", he asked quietly. I nodded, humming. "Yeah, he is. Together with Lea, Althea and Hazel. I think Nighty and Zeph are taking care of them.", I explained softly. Notch nodded and sat up, stretching. "We should head to Henory. See if we can turn me back already.", he mumbled.
I sat up as well and got up, carrying him. Sure, this felt... Odd, but it worked. Kinda felt like carrying just a really big, but incredibly light blanket or cloth. 
Keeping him close, I walked out of our room over to Antonio's. Henory had been resting with him lately, so it was our best shot. At least I dearly hope they had been sleeping. 
Notch knocked on the door since my hands were full, and then we waited. 
Antonio opened the door a bit after a while, tho ensured we couldn't look into the room. I raised an eyebrow, but didn't mention it otherwise.
"Hey, do you know where Henory is?", Notch asked. Antonio glanced into the room behind him. "He's in... A predicament, I would say. Give him like 20 minutes and then he'll be available for you.", he explained.
"Predicament?", I asked, suspicious. Antonio chuckled. "Let's say he managed to get tangled and is currently stuck."
We understood and left so they could continue their thing, sitting down in the living room where Notchy snuggled up to me while we waited.
I subconsciously caressed his back, smiling.
Soon I had my Notch back, in flesh and blood. He seemingly missed it too, considering he cuddled so much with me. Maybe it gets better when we can feel each other skin to skin again. Maybe that's exactly what we both needed.
I almost dozed off, so it was good that my husband softly nudged me when Henory came in with Antonio about 20 minutes later. A bit surprised I sat up and looked over.
The reaper was definitely quite a bit dazed, but seemed fine so far. He leaned a bit onto his friend, or partner, so they probably had a good time.
I didn't particularly mind, as long as Henory could do his job and not mess up. Not that I thought he would anyway.
"Hey.", I greeted. Henory hummed quietly. "Hi. What do you need?", he asked softly. Notch nervously hesitated. "Do you feel well enough to try and revive me?"
Henory frowned surprised, not exactly expecting this. "I kinda forgot about that...", he admitted before nodding. "We can do that now tho if you feel ready."
Notch lit up at that, happy. "Yes please!", he agreed.
"How does that work?", I asked, curious. Henory hummed slightly. "Well, we need a new vessel. Luckily we can actually get one, Grim has prepared one while I wasn't feeling too good. Then we'll have to extract his soul and mind from his ghost body, which will then disappear. The soul and mind however we'll put into the new vessel. And then we wait."
"That easy?", I asked, surprised. Henory nodded. "Yip, that easy. Let's go to a free room tho, am not a fan of reviving people in their living rooms.", he added.
We agreed and went to a free room, where Henory called his friend to bring the body.
We expected Grim to be a normal human being, not expecting the literal Grim Reaper to appear and bring by the new vessel like it's not big deal.
Honestly, we should've expected that tho, considering the fact Henory is a reaper too.
I kept Notch close as they set down the body. "Do you need help, Henory?", Grim asked, his voice sounding really metallic and dark. Henory thought a bit before shrugging. "Feel free to stay here incase I do need help.", he hummed. Grim nodded and stayed in the back, watching.
Henory turned to us. "Aight, step next to the body Notch. For that you'll have to let him go tho Jay, I sadly can't do this while you still hold him. Otherwise you might get sucked into the vessel too, and we don't want that."
"Why not?", I asked. "Unless you want to melt and become and amalgamation, I wouldn't even try it. I had a client once with whom that happened because their lover jumped between me and them. Well, they turned into melting mess of a body that almost immediately went insane and died about an hour later. I couldn't save them since their minds were connected, so I was forced to destroy them both.", Grim told us, not so happy about that. I couldn't blame him at all, honestly too shocked to reply.
Notch hopped down from my arms, wandering over to the body and standing next to it. I watched as Henory got to work, taking his scythe and extracting Notchs' soul from his ghostly body, which immediately disintegrated into a weird, blueish white goo. Henory then moved the soul over to the new vessel and made sure it couldn't escape before getting the mind from the goo and adding it to the body.
I paused and waited anxiously. Notch took quite a while to understand how this worked, and I nearly fainted before realizing I stopped breathing from the tension.
Eventually tho Notch opened his eyes, blinking from the light. "This feels... Weird.", he said, making Grim chuckle. "That's normal, but it'll fade in a day or so. You have to get used to living again.", he explained casually.
Notchy nodded before sitting up, humming. "So it worked?"
"Flawlessly. Henory got your mind and soul with ease and we would've still had plenty of time."
He smiled before looking at me. "Hey. Now we can cuddle much better.", he hummed.
I smiled brightly and went over, kissing his cheek. "It seems as if that's the case, love.", I mumbled softly.
He smiled and pulled me into a passionate kiss, keeping me trapped in there until we ran out of breath. Then we pulled away.
Notch softly panted. I chuckled quietly, honestly glad to hear that sound.
I wonder what other sounds he-
"Please, go to your room if you want to fuck. I saw enough in my lifetime, I don't want to see you two banging.", Grim groaned loudly, obviously aware of what I was thinking.
I went bright red, but nodded and helped Notch get up. We thanked them before heading off to our room.
You know what was about to go down.