Six Words

Dax

"Dude! Seriously what is going on with you? You're barely paying attention." Noah says annoyed for about the tenth time.

Shit. I couldn't get the dumb smile off my face for about three hours. And now I'm still not paying attention. " Sorry man. Just distracted." I say shaking my head and trying to focus on the game. I shifted in the bean bag chair and took a deep breath.

"No. I'm distracted. Your fucking spaced." He laughs sitting the controller down. "Hey man I didn't tell you. I got a date with a girl from the store where I bought the game." He smirks.

I laugh. "She must not be that smart then." I tease. His face falls and launches a pillow at me.

"And here I thought you were my boy." He said getting up from his chair and going to his door.

"Where you goin?" I ask because I know Noah, and I didn't really make him that mad.

"Bathroom. be right back." He said. I hear the bathroom door close and I pull out my phone. I'm flipping through Facebook when Maisie creeps into the room and throws a piece of paper at me and then runs out just as we hear the toilet flush.

"Maisie?.. what the hell?" I laugh in a whisper. I lean forward in the bean bag just enough to poke my head out of the doorway to look at her. I look through her door to see her launching herself back on her bed. She looks up at me silently laughing and I raise my eyebrows as if to ask "what the hell?" Again. But she whooshes me and waves me back as the bathroom door opens again.

I fall back behind the frame and wait for Noah to walk through before jumping out to scare the shit out of him.

"Agh!" He screams as he falls against the frame and clutches his chest. I laugh hysterically and hear Maisie laughing from her room as well "Dammit Dax!" He says coming over and trying to put me in a headlock.

We wrestled playfully for a bit before Noah shoved me off. "Such a prick sometimes I swear man.." He says laughing. "Ima grab a coke you want one?" He says. I shake my head no.

He walks out and stops at Maisie's door. "And you! You little traitor I heard you laughing! You saw him attacking me and didn't help a brother out? That's just cold!"

I watch and laugh with them. I look at Maisie and she holds up her hands and makes it look like she's writing something down. Or texting? I look at her confused. She rolls her eyes and pretends to throw something at me.

Then it clicks. I make an "ohhh..." face and look around for the paper she threw at me. I uncrumple it and look down at the scribbles.

Text me?

It read and underneath her cell number was scribbled. I plop into the bean bag chair in front of Noah's entertainment center I was sitting in before and pull out my phone again. I put the number in and text it. Smiling like an idiot.

DAX: You could've just told me your number at work. lol

MAISIE: Where's the fun in that.

She replies. I chuckle. Noah walks back into the room and I slide my phone down so he doesn't see the number.

"So? What's this girl like?" I say giving Noah an encouraging smile. He sighs like he might be head over heels in love already and slides down into his own bean bag chair.

"I don't know yet man, but I sure as hell wanna find out." He says chuckling