Fireworks

Maisie

It was getting dark and I could see people setting up a ways down the beach with fireworks. Noah, Dax, Amy and I had just come out of the water from surfing to get some food.

Dad had made sure to bring my swim shirt for me and my board shorts. Amy was cute in a beautiful bikini that hugged her curves flawlessly. I was jealous for a while, realizing I'd never get to look that beautiful in a bikini because of that day. My scars were deep and hideous.

Dax leaned over and kissed me on the head. He can tell something is bugging me. He just shoved me a little and motioned to the waves in front of us. All in all it had been a great day.

"Hey Noah did you get her the thing?" Dax says coming up next to me with a towel in his hands trying to dry his hair. My eyes were stuck to his toned stomach and muscles on his shoulders.

I feel something hit my leg with a 'thwack!" Sound. I look over to see who hit me and see Noah looking at me with disgust. I chuckle and turn back to my sexy boyfriend. Dax is glaring at Noah for hitting me and I can't help but love it.

"Put a shirt on. I can't watch my sister eye fuck you, it's to weird." Noah says throwing a shirt at Dax.

Dax smiles mischievously as he catches the shirt. He looks at me with raised eyebrows and I blush hard. He didn't realize I was checking him out till Noah said something.

Way to go Noah.

He just laughs. Dax pulls on the shirt and I frown a bit. Noticing, he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist pressing his lips to my ear. A shiver runs through me as he whispers. "Don't worry, I'll take it back off later." He teases. Then kisses my temple.

I chuckle and look at Noah again.

"What were you supposed to get me?"

"Yeah about that.." Noah says.

"Dude... you didn't do it?" Dax says tensing a bit.

"Oh I did it. I just did it better.." he smiles like he's up to no good.

Noah runs over to the DJ booth and says something to the guy. Then we hear Noah over the speakers as he hands him a mic.

"Happy full moon everybody! Thanks for coming!" He says. And everyone we know cheers and whoops. "We are celebrating life today! Because life is precious. My life would be a mess if it wasn't for my dad and my little sister, who I'm more than thankful is here with me today." He says looking over at me. I feel small. I don't want all the attention. But Noah's words find my heart, and I'm not so afraid of being seen anymore.

"I love you with all my heart Maisie. And I threw this party to commemorate your first full moon as an official habitant of my island!" He yells. Everyone cheers again and even Dax claps his hands as they are wrapped around me. "It's late now! But the celebration is the same!" He laughs and I can't help but giggle with everyone else.

"So! I have a surprise for everyone! Some people here hate the sound of fireworks and we have some kids who wouldn't be able to watch cuz it's too loud! Sooooo... our DJ friend here brought about 12 dozen wireless sound canceling headphones! You will be able to hear all the music, but no fireworks!" He says looking at me and Dax.

I let out a breath. This is amazing! Noah did all this for me?

"Ladies and gentleman, welcome! To your Silent Full Moon Bash!" He yells. Everyone cheers and I laugh. I'm speechless. I watch Noah jump down from the DJs booth and grab some headphones. He comes over and hands both me and Dax a pair.

"Bro I said earmuffs work better.." Dax laughs. "This must have cost a fortune!" He says taking the headphones he handed him.

"My dad helped out too. Especially after yesterday. We all need this." Noah says handing me my pair. "I know y'all are all chummy now, but I'd really like to sit with you for the fireworks. Come find me before they start ok?" He says. I nod and blink away happy tears.