| 14. 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑺𝒆𝒂

A thousand nights have passed
Change doesn't happen overnight
Not visible at first (no)
It's important to hold on, hold on
~ Black Sea, Natasha Blume

Chapter 14. Black Sea

Rafael Lorcan Sullivan. They called him cold, ruthless, and a menace to society. Yet every powerful man kissed the path he walked on with pleasure. Hypocrites. The world was nothing but the peak of hypocrisy. After all, he was an ace that no one could reach. The morals bent for him.

The unfathomable power that the name Sullivan carried.

A man was born with a golden spoon, a tongue of silver, and a mind of a lethal snake. You would thank him for killing you as his venom entered your veins, gradually taking your life away. In contrast, he observed you from above with a glass of whiskey and a smirk. They called him Big Boss.

Everyone called him the devil incarnate. But everyone forgets that the devil was once an angel.

Fallen from god's grace as he sought peace in the darkness. And darkness welcomed him with open hands.

Rafael's father, Balor Sullivan-was a man who lost everything he once loved. He renounced the world and lived in seclusion. He let his only child-Rafael, run the business at eighteen.

Rafael soon ruled the Sullivan Empire with an iron fist, transforming it into the strongest within seven years, making the name Sullivan untouchable. They called him a prodigy. Cruel and clever-everyone praised him.

But one thing they did not know was he was crazy.

Absolute crazy.

thump

thump

thump

His strides echoed through the dark dungeon as people bowed at his sight. Raw power oozed from him-the sly curve of his eyes and the slight flex of his muscles. The man exuded pure masculinity.

"Big Boss," every guard lined up bowed to him, some in reverence, some in fear. The chasm of silence plagued the path.

The door cracked, the sound haunting the entire room, the screech making one wince. His nonchalant steps walked closer to the soon-dead man.

His meaty hands wrapped around the neck of the spy. His cold eyes looked at the musing spy; he enjoyed inflicting pain. It made him feel like a god-controlling the lives of pitiful humans.

"Liam, you will never find him," the man spat out the blood from his mouth. His bloodied teeth cracked in a grin. "He will kill everyone," the man smacked his lips and burst out laughing. He threw his back and laughed till he choked up and coughed the blood.

"Everyone. Everyone will die."

He clutched his stomach and laughed. Everyone was going to die. Liam was back, and all five families were going to die. After all, he had found that. The days of peace were over. How amusing.

"Tsk. Tsk. Oh, Big Boss. How does it feel to be fucked over," he ridiculed. His throat burned when the pressure on his neck increased. Ah, so this Almighty was angry, he smiled.

Still, he dared to taunt the devil. "How Liam made a fool of you all. You thought five years ago 'that' perished. While he kept it, he fucking protected it only to screw each of you all over," he coughed a laugh.

"One fucking army against Liam, and I would say it is equal," his laughter died as he looked into the dark eyes of the walking monster. The Almighty Big Boss had no idea what would hit him soon.