Chapter 24

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It has been a while since Douma had his fair share of amusement with a human. He wouldn't even call it a fair share. And the amusement didn't last long either.

"And here I thought you'd entertain me for another half an hour," he said, crouching down in front of a demon slayer. A young woman. "But it seems there's only one who can keep me entertained all night."

Not even all night, but for the rest of eternity, provided that he wouldn't grow bored of you. Not that Douma had ever thought about it.

He looked at the young woman. She was trying to control her breath, her internal organs must have already been bleeding, her ribs shattered that rendered her from moving. All she can do is breath at this point, whatever that breathing technique is called.

Douma glanced down, the young woman's sword had been broken in half. He took it by the hilt and looked at it for a moment.

"They say the blades change color depending on the wielder," he mused. "But it's now covered in blood, I can't tell what the original color was."

Douma held the sword close to the young woman's face, a little more closer and the blace would have cut her cheek. But Douma stopped and he smiled with his eyes closed, the kind of smile that looked sickeningly kind yet sinister.

"I wouldn't mess your face," he said. "Y/n might refuse to consume you if I did. That girl only likes pretty things."

Douma looked at the sky, it would be long until the break of dawn. Come to think of it, since Douma became a demon, not one single slayer, hashira or not, had kept him fighting until the break of dawn. Yet when it comes to you, Douma could keep going until morning. You were his sole form of entertainment, his little marionette.

Doume threw the broken sword, it flew a few hundred meters until it pierced a tree before he stood up. He carried the young woman and decided to go back before she breathed her last.

You were in your chamber, sitting in front of the vanity and thinking about what Douma told you a while ago.

"A Blood Demon Art," you muttered. Just by the sound of it, the ability has something to do with a demon's blood. But what kind of ability? You had seen Douma's, it was a mesmerizing ability.

"I wonder what his Blood Demon Art is." You looked down, the snowflake hairpin placed on the table. "Akaza."

You were going to take the hairpin, your hand just mere inches above it, when the door suddenly opened and Douma walked in.

You turned around to see him placing a young woman down. The smell of blood quickly spread across the room and you felt your senses sharpening as you stood up. The thought of devouring another human somehow exhilarates you.

"That's the fourth and last one," you said, walking up to her. "Why do you always bring young women? Is it because they are easier prey?"

You stood in front of Douma, your last question sounded more of a challenge and the side of your lips turned up slightly.

"No," he said. "It's because they provide more nutrients."