Chapter 41

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Autumn Festival is held every October, when the leaves on trees start turning orange and yellow. And everything is dying but it's so beautiful. During the Festival that's usually held at night near temples, a lot of people would go around wearing goblin or demon masks.

And mingling among the crowds are actual demons prowling the land, waiting to take an unsuspecting victim.

In all your years with Douma, you had never experienced going out to an actual Festival. You had been content in his castle, while he showers you with expensive gifts. This was actually your first time going out to a Festival with him.

"Is it good?" you asked after you had worn another kimono. You stood there while Douma sat in front. "I don't know if it suits me, so you tell me."

"Do you like it?" he asked instead and you looked down.

The kimono has a nice color that resembles autumn and you thought it's perfect for the Autumn Festival. As for his question, if you like it. You really don't know. Douma had always been the one to choose your kimono, whether you like it or not didn't really matter.

But now he's asking you that, which made you stop, not really knowing how to answer it at first because all you can think about is that it doesn't matter whether you like it or not.

"I...like it," you muttered slowly, looking down before you saw Douma stopping in front of you.

"Then if you like it, you can wear it."

You looked at him, tilting your head to the side a bit. Douma held the end of the sash tied around your waist and pressed it lightly on his lips.

"I don't understand," you said, watching him. "You always pick what I wear."

"It doesn't really matter what you wear now," he said, his eyes flickering at you. "Since I'll just end up taking it off you or you taking it off for me later on."

He put the sash between his teeth before he held your face. The sash fell down to your side as Douma started kissing you. The kiss was slow and gentle, and you're slowly getting used to this kind of kiss more than the rough and hungry one.

But before the kiss could go deeper, Douma leaned back and you looked at him.

"Now as for the finishing touch," he said before he held a mask in front of you and put it on your face.

You turned around to take a mirror, looking at the mask he put on you. It's a kitsune mask and when you turn to look at Douma, he also has the same kitsune mask to match with you.

"Shall we go, Y/n-chan?" he asked before you nodded.

The nearest Village that holds the Autumn Festival became lively and full of people, most of them wearing different kinds of masks so it's hard to tell which ones are humans and which ones are demons mingling around.

The orange lanterns illuminate the pathway to the temple. They seem to resemble will-o'-the-wisps, the spirits of the forest.

"This is not like Yoshiwara," you said, looking around.