Chapter 37

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The blood battle between two Upper Moons is a rare occurrence. So rare that it only happens once every century or so. Because the rank of the Upper Moons among the twelve kizuki are precious to that man, he wouldn't take it lightly if they were replaced by just anyone.

However, with two Upper Moons, it was just simply like changing positions within the higher ranked kizuki.

And in every blood battle, there is always the one who wins, and the one who loses.

"My, my, Akaza-dono," Douma said, his voice cooing sarcastically. "This is what you get for refusing to consume women."

Douma watches Akaza trying to regenerate his limbs and head. But he's regenerating way too slow. He can't even speak or tell Douma to shut the hell up.

"Come on now, you should prioritize regenerating your head first," Douma said, crouching down in front of Akaza who can only barely move. But even that slight movement was not taken lightly by Douma as he put his arm through Akaza's chest, holding him still.

"There, slowly, regenerate your head first," he continued, leaning closer as Akaza's head started to regenerate.

While Douma is keeping him from making unnecessary movements, Akaza's head starts to regenerate until he can finally glare daggers at Douma who simply returned his glare with a smile.

"You've lost, Akaza-dono."

"Who... are you..." Akaza slowly croaked, his voice raspy and low. "...to declare...that..."

"That you've lost?" Douma asked before he put his free hand on his chin, looking as though he's thinking deeply before he looked back at Akaza and beamed. "Because I won! I just declared that you've lost, because I won."

"I...can still...fight..."

"No, I don't think you can," Douma said, tilting his head to the side before his smile slowly vanished. "When I say you've lost, you've lost, Akaza-dono."

Douma crushed Akaza's organs as he coughed blood, making it all the more painstakingly slow to regenerate his limbs while his internal organs are being crushed inside him.

"Have you forgotten why you became Upper Moon Two?" Douma leaned closer, so he could get a better look at Akaza's face. "Because I let you become Upper Moon Two. But I'm taking it back now."

Douma slowly took his arm out of Akaza's chest, leaving a gaping hole, before he stood up. Akaza watched as Douma started to walk and it felt like Douma's forgetting something. As a fighter, Akaza cannot allow this kind of defeat.

"Hey... are you not..."

This kind of humiliation.

"...going to consume me?"

As an Upper Moon who was defeated by another Upper Moon, being consumed by them is how a blood battle ends. But if Douma leaves after declaring that Akaza lost, Akaza would feel humiliated more than anything, for leaving him like that because he's not worthy of being consumed.