Chapter 40

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You believed Douma will not take long, but you had already drifted off to slumber. It feels like you're forgetting something. Something important.

You and Douma had been at it for nights on end that you can't think of anything else but the pleasure you're receiving from him. Nothing else matters other than him and his impeccable ways of pleasuring you.

You had forgotten about your desire to make that mechanical battle doll yours.

Until you were reminded of it when you had drifted to sleep. That doll that seems to resemble a man, a noble swordsman. His long hair is fiery red, and the tattoos covering his forehead and face seem to resemble fire that's been ignited.

His image started to form in your mind, until you suddenly saw the battle doll standing in front of you.

No, that wasn't a battle doll. It doesn't have six arms.

The man standing in front, the battle doll is modeled after him. He's a real man who lived hundreds of years in the past. His face seems to be covered in dark mist but you noticed a pair of earrings he's wearing.

You didn't know if this was a dream or a memory, but you have no recollection of ever meeting this man.

But one thing is certain.

You're scared.

You didn't know why you were so frightened, or if it was even you who were frightened. But you wanted to get out of that memory. You closed your eyes and tried to wake yourself. Had you not woken up, you would have let the man strike your neck.

When you opened your eyes you were breathing heavily, staring at the familiar ceiling of your bedchamber.

"Douma..." you muttered, sitting up as you looked around. "He's not back yet."

You put the sheet around your bare body, hoping that it will ease the fear that's making your body tremble. You put your knees closer to your chest and hugged them together before burying your face down on your knees.

"I'm... so scared..."

You didn't know why you were so frightened. His whole being frightens you to an immeasurable rate.

"Douma," you called his name. You wanted him here, even if he says those snide remarks, make up feigned emotions or smiles that fake smile, it doesn't matter, as long as you can see him here.

You feel like you would forget that fear once Douma's here. But what's taking him so long?

While you were in your bedchamber, Douma was in the woods, near a village where the woman ran off to. Douma wanted to return as soon as possible, but the woman was really testing his patience.

"It would have been easier if I could kill her now," he said, pushing himself off the tree he was so casually leaning on when he saw the woman running ahead. "But dead bodies don't taste as good as living ones."

When the woman saw Douma up ahead, she shrieked and ran in the other direction. Douma let out a sigh, thinking how futile her efforts were.