Chapter 33

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's the first time you're doing this, turning someone into a demon. They just need to ingest your blood, for your blood contains the blood of that man.

"Slowly now," Douma said, holding your wrist where you made a cut and letting the blood flow between the boy's lips and down his throat. "That's enough, Y/n-chan."

"Why?" you asked and you felt Douma's hand tightened around your wrist.

"Because we cannot be wasting your precious blood," he said although he doesn't make much sense to you. Had he not wasted your blood before, he would break you as he pleases, tear your limbs like a tree branch, he had wasted too much of your blood just to decorate your white bedsheet.

When you didn't stop, Douma had pulled your arm towards him before he let out his tongue and slid it up your wrist, cleaning the blood off as your cut slowly closed.

"Are you..." you started slowly, watching as Douma kissed your inner wrist. "...jealous?"

"Hmm?" he hummed instead of answering. And when he finally spoke, he said something else. "If that man chooses them, the blood will accumulate in their system, turning them into demons. If not, they'll die."

"They'll die?" you looked at the boy before your eyes turned to the girl whom you had given a portion of your blood as well. "Are they dead?"

They aren't moving, so you assumed the blood did not accumulate, their system must have rejected it. Or you weren't skilled enough to turn them into demons. If so, then you feel quite sad, not being able to turn them into demons.

While your thoughts were racing in your head, you felt Douma move closer to you.

"They're not dead," he said. "Yet."

You looked at him before Douma gave you a smile. "It'll take a moment for something to happen. We can just leave them here and come back later to see if they're dead or not."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"You had been asleep for half a decade Y/n-chan," he said before moving closer to you. "I have missed our playtime."

He really did miss it. He wasn't even close to being satisfied earlier in Yoshiwara District, if anything it was bland and extremely boring.

You looked at the two who were still not showing any signs of movement before you looked back at Douma and stood up.

"Alright," you said. "But don't play so rough. My legs have yet to regain their strength."

"Sure thing Y/n-chan," Douma beamed like that expression was even genuine. You knew it wasn't, it never was. "Do you want me to carry you?"

"What? There's no nee—"

You were surprised when he yanked you closer to him, sweeping you up like it was the most natural thing to do after you complained about your legs. You didn't bother telling him to put you down, because knowing Douma, he will not listen.

Instead you wrapped your arms around his shoulders as he started to walk to the door. You propped your chin on his shoulder and looked behind Douma to see the two kids on the bed. You noticed the boy moved his finger but that was it as Douma walked past the doorway and shut the door closed behind him.