Chapter 32

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Douma said you were asleep for a while. You do not know how long a while is. You thought you'd been asleep for half a century but it turns out it was only half a decade. Still not that long in comparison to your perpetual existence.

But in those years, Douma had grown bored. He really cannot do anything with a sleeping marionette. So he did what he used to do before you came into his life.

One night while you were in your deep slumber, Douma went out to Yoshiwara District.

"Good evening," the woman greeted Douma when he walked inside one of his favorite Houses in the Red Light District. "Which room would My Lord want to occupy?"

"Hmm, how about the room on the second floor, the one farthest to the left."

"Very well then," the woman said as Douma took out a pouch full of gold coins.

"And send me courtesans." Douma stopped to think for a second before he looked back at the woman whose eyes are now glued on the heavy pouch. "Six courtesans and six bottles of your strongest liquor."

"Any specifications and preferences when it comes to the courtesans?"

Douma would usually say send the prettiest ones. But this time he told the woman his preference when it comes to the specific features of the courtesans he would like to have. And Douma had you in mind when he was telling the woman of the specific features. Because to be honest, he prefers you. It's just that, you're still asleep and he's bored, is all.

"Are we expecting more guests joining you, My Lord?" the woman asked, because usually those men who ask for many courtesans and liquor usually have other guests joining them.

But Douma just smiled at the woman. "It's just me."

The woman seemed surprised for a moment before she inclined her head. She has been in the business for long enough to know not to question the preferences of the customers. She remained silent as she led Douma to the room on the second floor.

"Then, I shall take my leave. The courtesans will arrive shortly." The woman bowed her head before she left.

Douma headed to the couch closest to the window and he looked at the moon. The night is still young, he thought. He wonders when you'll be waking up.

It didn't take long until the courtesans arrived, each holding the liquor bottle Douma also requested. He looked at the young ladies, the woman sure picked the ones with features Douma asked earlier. But they don't come close to your beauty, in fact it's not even worth comparing at all. Douma hid his disappointment with a smile.

"This room's nice," he said, sitting down as the young ladies surrounded him. "No one will hear your screams here."

"My Lord, your words are as sharp as your features," one of them said while the others had almost the same reaction.

Oh, only if they knew what Douma meant by what he said.

"How about we play a game," Douma said, and the young ladies moved closer to him. "The first to win will be the first one we'll get to hear scream."