Chapter 36

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As though the siblings knew that you were the one who turned them into demons, they followed you like newly hatched chicks following their mother. You heard about imprints, where baby animals that hatched would follow the first animal they see upon hatching.

If this is what imprinting is, then you guess it is not a bad thing. Yet. At least now you think it's not a bad thing that these two siblings would follow you around. But who knows, maybe in the future you'll think it's not as good of a thing to be imprinted on anymore.

"You two look specially good in those clothes," you said upon seeing the two had already dressed after cleaning up all the blood.

You lend them your kimono that you had already outgrown. And looking at them now, they do look like demon children, especially the little girl whose beauty even became more fatal.

As for the boy, you thought he didn't change much. He still has that nasty mark across his face and if looks could kill, well, it's not that you'd be dead even if he glares at you.

"Do you remember your names?"

The boy was the first one to speak. Even so, he still seems unsure. "Gyu...taro?"

You don't even know if that's his real name. Did his mother even bother to name him when he was born? But you know that isn't a name. He's a pimp, it was just what people call him. But at the very least, he does remember.

"Gyutaro," you said, putting a finger on his forehead. "That's right, that's your name."

"Then," the girl started and you turned your attention to her. She looks really beautiful, but in that newly awakened beauty of hers lies a certain kind of lethality. Unlike when she was human, you still remember it, when she was still human her beauty seems so innocent.

"Then, how about my name?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"You don't remember?" you muttered before her older brother spoke.

"Well, you can't blame her. She's not that sharp, you see."

"Then," you started, walking towards the girl before you kneeled in front of her. "How about I give you a new name?"

"You will?" she asked, her eyes widening in eagerness.

"Since you look like a princess," you trailed off, brushing her soft white locks behind her ear. "You will be Daki from now on."

"Daki," she repeated the word before her eyes gleamed and she nodded her head. "Daki, I like that name."

"Daki," Gyutaro grumbled before he averted his gaze. "That doesn't sound so bad."

"Do you want me to give you a new name as well?" you asked, looking at Gyutaro. Since his mother didn't seem to give him a name, you would be very much delighted to name him now, since you're the one who turned them into demons.

Douma had given you that choice as well. But you decided to use your real name. He said demons who live hundreds of years would eventually forget their real names along with their memories from when they were humans. But those who chose to keep their real name, sometimes they would remember bits and pieces of their human lives.