Chapter 35

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It didn't take long for you to forget why you are upset with Douma. It didn't take long for you to forget what he said either. To you, those courtesans were just trivial matters now. And trivial matters don't deserve to be remembered at all.

Douma had entertained your sexual appetite, he had indulged you and himself to pleasure. But that also didn't last as you found yourself sitting on the bed, with your back leaning on Douma's chest.

"Why did we stop?" you asked and Douma noticed the small purse of your lips which he thought was really adorable. You would often do that when you were young too, pursing your lips like that. But only now did Douma feel the urge to kiss those pursed lips that look so soft.

But he held himself back, for the first time. "Y/n-chan, how are your legs? Are they still weak?"

You lifted your leg up as the sheet slid down. "My legs are fine. So why did we stop?" You lowered your leg before you leaned your head back to look up at him. "Are you perhaps exhausted?"

You saw how Douma's eyes darkened but he retained his smile. "Exhausted? Me?" Douma took your chin and held your head in place as he lowered down closer to you. "Y/n-chan, if we didn't stop, it wouldn't be me who'll get exhausted."

When you thought he was going to kiss you, Douma let go of your chin before he started to move behind you.

"On a more important note, I want you to see this," he said, handing you a mirror and for a moment you didn't know what he meant. Douma leaned down, his chin prop on your shoulder. "Look, they're your new eyes."

You averted your eyes to the mirror and saw your reflection. For a second you didn't recognize those eyes. Those beautiful eyes that put any gems to shame, now with the kanji writing that states your ranking in the twelve kizuki.

"Lower Moon..." you trailed, looking closely as your eyes seemingly glowed. "...One."

You like the fact that it says one. But you don't quite like the fact that it's a Lower Moon and your awestruck expression vanished.

"I would have liked it more if it stated Upper Moon though," you voiced out before your eyes averted to Douma's reflection on the mirror, he still had his chin propped on your bare shoulder.

You looked at his eyes and saw the kanji writing on them before you furrowed your brows.

"You're still... Upper Moon... Six?" you asked slowly before Douma leaned back and you lowered your hand that was holding the mirror as you turned around to look at him.

"I thought when I woke up, you'd no longer be Upper Moon Six," you continued, looking down. "Because I'm aiming for that rank, Douma."

You felt Douma's hand on your cheek and when you looked at him you saw his smile. "I know, Y/n-chan."

"Then, why?" you asked. And for a brief moment you thought that he'd be so kind as to let you take his rank, like the way he had always given you the things you desired. But it was only for a brief moment and Douma leaned closer to you.

"I was just a bit busy for the last half decade."

"Busy?" you muttered, thinking about how exactly he could be busy. But then you remembered that he did frequent Yoshiwara and your annoyance started to seep through again.