Chapter 12 - Dovey End

[The next day, Lyrinn and Thalasso sat on the couch talking about last night.]

Thalasso
So you feel like talking about last night?

Lyrinn
Yeah... I feel like I should discuss it with you.

Thalasso
Alright, go ahead.

Lyrinn
You know about the corruption that's currently going on right?

Thalasso
Yeah.

Lyrinn
So last night, the person told me about the cycle of the curse.

Thalasso
The cycle of the curse?

Lyrinn
Yeah... like everytime someone kills the leader of corruption, they become cursed and eventually... become the new leader of corruption.

Thalasso
Oh that! Wait... let me think.

Alice and Allister were both leaders of corruption as well as the Ederi leaders but not at the same time.

Lyrinn
What do you mean?

Thalasso
Allister was the first leader before Alice was. If Allister died and Alice became corrupted years after then... that means... Alice killed her own brother. But when Alice was killed by Pythoris and... no... no no no no.

Lyrinn
What's wrong?

Thalasso
*deep breath* Pythoris must've knew about the cycle hence why he disappeared. He was trying to protect us.

Lyrinn
(That's why he told me...)

Thalasso
Pythoris is the only one that I know that knew about it. Do you know if the person you were talking with has been affiliated with him or in fact... himself?

Lyrinn
I don't know...

Thalasso
I think I know why he told you.

Lyrinn
Yeah...

Thalasso
He doesn't want the same to happen to you. Unless there is a way to break the cycle then-

Lyrinn
There might be a way...

Thalasso
Hmm... Any hypotheses?

Lyrinn
The person becomes the leader of corruption when they kill the leader of corruption... If killing only continues the cycle, then eradicate the corruption itself without killing the host.

Thalasso
That's possible, we could save a lot of lives as well as the host's. But how?

Lyrinn
That's what I need to think about.

Thalasso
Your necklace...

Lyrinn
Huh?

Thalasso
Has Syronos told you about the gem on your necklace?

Lyrinn
Not exactly.... but he told me that it was very important and told me to guard it with my life.

Thalasso
Lyrinn that necklace is the blessed gem. Your brother once wielded it before he disappeared. He gave it to you because he knew he can entrust it to you. For a long time, you never lost it and kept it safe.

Lyrinn
But... how do I wield it? I've only ever been taught to control its power.

Thalasso
Blessed ones and any relatives of the blessed ones are usually able to naturally wield it and learn it's powers quickly. Alice was a blessed one, therefore she knew how to wield it. Allister was also able to wield it since he's Alice's older brother. Since you are a blessed one, you should be able to wield it's primary powers in no time. For the rest, it's extremely impossible to wield it's primary powers. It's secondary powers can be wielded however since all gems are created from the blessed gem.

However, you can also use your powers in fighting as well. It's the same way as using the primary powers of your gem. The secondary powers of the gem are what you don't have but you don't need to master all the secondary powers

Lyrinn
What are the secondary powers?

Thalasso
From what I've been told, the secondary elements are water, air, earth and fire. It's similar to the other gems you normally see. I wield the water gem, so I can teach you how to wield a fourth of it's secondary powers. As for the others, you'll need to figure that out yourself.

Lyrinn
I guess I'll need to put that into practice...

Thalasso
Yeah, but I believe you'll master it in no time.

[For the rest of the day, the two talked around the room. As night slowly came, so did Thalasso's emotions.]

Thalasso
Lyrinn...

Lyrinn
Yes sir?

Thalasso
I've been thinking. I've been thinking of buying a certain cape for a special someone.

Lyrinn
Oh?

Thalasso
It's someone I've considered as family for a long time.

Lyrinn
Aww you're such a sweet person. I'm sure they'll love it!

Thalasso
You think so?

Lyrinn
I'm sure they will!

[The two smile happily.

At night, Thalasso is awake while Lyrinn has already went to sleep.]

Thalasso
If only you knew Lyrinn...