Chapter 17

Colby's POV:

"Oh Colby," my dad exclaimed as he hugged me after Sam. I then hugged him back as I silently cried into his chest. "Dad, please I don't want to be alone with her again," I begged as more tears slipped down my face. "I know son, believe me, I'm trying everything I can to divorce her," my dad told me as he held me tight.

Time Skip

Once I was let out, my dad stayed the whole day at home with me. I actually felt safe for once but I know that after he goes back to work everything will change. I just hoped and prayed that my dad divorces her soon.

The next day I was at my locker when I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turn only for my eyes to widen at seeing Tyler. "W-what do you want?" I asked him as I was on high alert. "Look Cole I just want to say sorry," my jaw dropped as I looked at him in shock.

"N-No you're not," I told him as I looked down. "Yes, I am. Look two nights ago, I heard my mom's confession of what she did to your mom," he told me. I then looked up at him. "Y-You did?" I asked him. "Yup and I also found out about her sending you to the hospital." Just then Sam came and slipped his hand into mine as he angrily glared at Tyler.

"I also want to apologize to you and Sam for trying to ruin your relationship. I see now how much you two love each other." Sam was shocked as his jaw dropped. "But why did you really hate me?" I asked him. "I guess I was not only sick and tired of my mom making me her 'perfect angel' but I guess I was envious of your relationship with your dad since my dad never wanted me. So I decided to take out my anger on you when instead I should've just become your friend." I suddenly felt bad for Tyler. I mean yeah he was mean to me all these years but it was mostly his stress that got the best of him. "Ok, I-I forgive you," I told him. Sam looked at me with wide eyes. "Really?" Tyler asked me. "Yeah I mean everyone deserves a second chance," I replied with a soft smile.

I looked at Sam who only took a deep breath as I lightly assuredly squeezed his hand. "Ok I guess I forgive you too," Tyler smiled as he gave us a huge group hug. "Tyler, where are you going to live once your mom is arrested?" Sam asked while whispering the last part. "That's the thing, I have no idea since I don't have a family anymore." I knew what I was going to ask was not only going to change my life but also Tyler's life as well. "Tyler, if you like, you could stay with me and my dad until you're 18?" I asked him. Tyler's eyes widened in shock. "Really after everything I've done to you?" he asked me with uncertainty in his voice. I nodded as I softly smiled at him. Tyler smiled and hugged me tight, "thanks stepbro. I promise to care for and look after you from now on." I was happy that Tyler and I talked things out and hopefully, he'll change for the better.

Sam's POV:

The rest of the day Tyler hung out with me and Colby. Tyler's friends were even shocked that he was hanging out with us. Colby, on the other hand, was happy about Tyler's change. Colby even laughed at some of Tyler's jokes. I'm just glad everything is ok between them.

Seeing Colby happy always makes me happy. These couple of days when Colby was sad it really hurt me. I just wish he would have had a nice genuine stepmother instead of a cruel and abusive one. I just hope Mr.Brock can finally divorce her once and for all.