Chapter 20

Colby's POV:

As I held Sam, I thought about how I really didn't want to lose him. But if having to get killed meant keeping Sam safe then it must be done. At least I'll finally see my mom again, I thought as a single tear slipped down my face.

Nancy angrily took out a knife that she had brought with her. My eyes widened as I tightly held Sam. Suddenly a voice called out. "Mom!" "Tyler, what are you doing here?" Nancy asked as she look at him. "I came to check on my brother," he replied while staring at her.

"Tyler this good-for-nothing brat will never be your brother!" Nancy snapped at him. "That's where you're wrong mom," Tyler replied while looking at her. "Don't you see Tyler, how this brat brainwashed you to hate me!" she told him. "He never brainwashed me, mom. You, on the other hand, did." "What are you talking about?!" she hissed. "I'm talking about how thanks to you always stressing me out and filling my head with lies, I would end up taking out my anger on Colby. Colby has done nothing but be his sweet and caring self," Tyler explained. I right away shot him a soft smile as he smiled back at me.

"Look why don't you take your lover and show him how much you love him while I take care of this stupid brat." I looked at Sam whose eyes widened in fear. "No mom, I now understand how much Sam and Colby love each other. I'm not going to force Sam into loving me anymore. I'll only love someone who loves me for me, not by force."

I was shocked at Tyler's words. "You!" Nancy shouted as she raised the knife in her hand. Sam and I right away shut our eyes so we couldn't see each other's pain-filled eyes. "Mom No!" We suddenly opened our eyes to see Tyler standing in front of us protectively.

"Tyler, get out of the way!" Nancy growled. "No!" He replied. Suddenly, "I'm home!" my eyes widened as I heard my dad's voice. "Up here Harold," Nancy replied with a smirk on her face. Moments later my dad entered my room.

Third Person POV:

"What is going on here?" Mr.Brock asked. Nancy looked at Sam with devilish eyes. "Oh Harold, I came home and heard Sam hurting Cole. So I came in and saw him about to stab Cole." Sam's eyes widened in pure disbelief and fear as Colby, who was now angry, held him tight.

"N-No sir, she's lying. I would never hurt Colby for I love him so much," Sam begged as tears slipped down his face. "D-Dad, Sam will never hurt me," Colby told him while tightening his grip on the shaking blonde. "Sir, Sam, and Colby are telling the truth," Tyler spoke as he too tried to convince Mr.Brock.

"Of course, you're going to believe that stupid brat of yours," Nancy told him. "Enough with the lies Nancy!" Mr.Brock yelled at her. "I've had enough of you trying to blame and hurt my son!" Mr.Brock snapped. "I want you to sign these papers 'cause I'm divorcing you right now."

Colby's POV:

Furious, Nancy looked at me and Sam. "You!" She shouted. "Enough!" my dad yelled. Nancy stormed out of my room while muttering nonsense. Sam and I got up and I right away hugged my dad as he hugged me back. I then lightly sobbed into his chest as he held me tight.

The next day I was on high alert. After explaining everything to my dad yesterday, my dad decided that instead of divorcing her, he was going to have Nancy arrested once and for all.

I had just gotten home hoping she wasn't here. My plan was to get some clothes so I can probably stay the night at Sam's house. I was in my room packing when "hello Cole." I then tensed up as I turn to see Nancy smirking while holding a knife in her hand.

My eyes widened as I quickly grabbed my bag. "Where do you think you're going Cole?" she taunted as she backed me up against the wall. "N-None of your business!" I snapped. I then hissed in pain as she stabbed my right shoulder.

"Let's try this again. Where are you going!" she asked while yelling out the last part. "T-To Sam's," I replied as I held my shoulder. She just chuckled evilly at me. "You won't be leaving once I'll kill you!" she growled. I knew I have to get out of here and fast.

Nancy laughed evilly as she stabbed my left shoulder. I then painfully grabbed the photo of my mom and smashed it on Nancy's left arm. I then ran out of there and ran straight toward Sam's house. Once I got to Sam's house I quickly rang the doorbell. Moments later, the door opened and there stood Sam with wide eyes. "Oh, God Colby! What Happened?!" He frantically asked me. However, before I could answer him, due to how much I bled out, I quickly passed out.