Chapter Five - Clear the air

I jogged down the steps going back to my pod so that I could clean my face. It was obvious growing up in district 12 Make up wasn't a thing and even having it on for the best of intentions just make me feel icky.

"Lily!" Haymitch called "Slow down" I came to a halt.

"What, what do you want?" I snapped at him.

"Look I know your angry. So go ahead say it. Get it off your chest" I grit my teeth a little.

"Fine. You lied to me. You promised to save him but you didn't."

"I know."

"Now you."

"I can't believe you let him out of your sight. You got to stop moping around and having tantrums cutting your hair with a freaking medical knife. I want a bottle so bad I'm ready to distill my own turnips. But I'm here and you know why? Because Peeta's still alive, he's not dead yet and neither are we. We're still in the game Lily. Okay?"

"Yeah." I whispered "You're still and ass though." I turned on my heel and left.

----

Katniss, Gale and I walked into Beetee workshop/brain of weapons. It turns out that Katniss had joined my brother in being a solider. She was one of my trusted few who came nearly everywhere with me.

"I've made you some surprises." Beetee told me I looked around at the training room.

"Why don't you try one out. Seen as you're going to be apart of Lily's propo team you may ask well look the part. Kat and Gale both had crossbows. I moved back as they both took a shot causing a small bang.

"This one. Is for you." Beetee directed my attention away to a bow "Plutarch wanted you to have a weapon for the sake of the propo's but I could just make you a fashion accessory. He handed me it and I held the bow in my hands it felt weightless and yet a perfect fit. Like it was a part of me."

"Beautiful."

"Oh and here." I step out of the way so he could show me the arrows.

"Regular, Incendiary, Explosive Arrows. All colour coded. And tell Finnick I've got a trident for him..." I picked up a red one and twirled it in my fingers before aiming it. "It might cheer him up, lets not fire the red ones in here." He took the arrow off me.

-----

I walked through the halls I had a few hours before we were set to leave. Looking around for a a specific person I found him through a pod window and backed up heading inside. He saw me enter.

"Hello Lilly." I smiled slightly.

"Mr Mellark."

"I think it's time you address me by my first name, Kol." he insisted holding onto my arms with a soft and calming expression like his son had.

"Okay, Kol."

"I wanted to thank you for what you did for my son. I'm sure once he is returned he will be thankful too."

"I hope you don't think that because I'm doing this propo stuff I'm not concentrating on him. I am this is the only way I can think of to get him back." he shook his head and sat us down on the little table area.

"I know and I would have done the same thing. You're the only person who can do this Lily. I believe in you and I know Peeta does as well."

"Thank you, Kol." we parted ways and I went to change. I did what I did to get Peeta back.

Once I had changed Boggs took me to the loading bay. As we came out I saw rows upon rows of weapons, rocket launchers, bombs, stuff that could have been used to end this fight ages ago.