tres

---

the moment she stepped outside the airport along with marce, she made her way to her car for her stay in LA, yes she was young, but she was an excellent driver, her permit said so. 

as she walked, people stared and filmed, but no one dared to come close to ask for a picture or at least say hi. 'rude' she thought. but she was in such a good mood, she didn't really give it any more thought. 

as she drove through the streets, she was talking with her manager/ friend/aunt/gossip partner about their schedule while in the famous city. 

'so, james corden, jimmy kimmel, and some youtube interviews is what is more important this couple of weeks, after that, snl, jimmy fallon and a few other talk shows will be done in new york the week after the next one, than a few spanish channels invited you to  a few interviews so after new york we are flying to barcelona' marce said in the most professional tone she could muster while containing her excitement.

'sounds good, honestly, i can't wait to talk about it with more people than just you, my family, my friends and my own youtube.' raquel said, and a few minutes later they were in the hotel enjoying the free day that would be followed by a series of hectic ones.

---

raquel had met james corden at an award ceremony a few months back, where they talked about the posibility of visiting the late late show he hosted, but it was left there, not really finding a chance, but when raquel announced her album a few weeks back, james didn't waste any time in forcing his team to contact the girl he had grown to like. he was the first person to greet the two women when they first entered the building, guiding them to where they would be staying during the time they would be there. 

laying her guitar down, she sat on the small armchair by the center of the room, checking her phone and giving her loved ones updates on how everything was going, taking a small break before getting ready for her rehearsal, since it was the first time she performed live and she didn't want to screw up, especially on tv.

---

a few hours later she was getting ready to go out, she could hear james talking, which only made her more nervous than she already was, but the moment she heard her name, there was no going back. she shook her nerves off, planted a smile on her lips and walked out from behind the curtain while waving to the audience and a little to the camera, just to remind herself it was there too.

'hello raquel, take a seat please' james started excitedly.

'thanks, thank you!' she replied equally excited, all nerves and doubts gone and forgotten.

'welcome, so, we have a lot to talk about missy. driver's license was a hit, i felt like a teenager again while listening to it. when i saw your post i went running to presave and when it came out i like to think i was the first to listen to it.' he began happily, making quel chuckle a little.

'tell me, how was this process for you? acting and filming must be very different from composing, singing, and recording. how did you feel through it?' he asked.

'well, it was hard to say the least. i wasn't hurried on finishing, so it wasn't rushed, but it was something i wasn't just doing, i was also learning and it was very intimidating but i'm thankful to have had ronan gutierrez as my producer, he had never produced anything by himself, but had worked tightly with someone we both admire, and that is jack antonoff, so i obviously had full trust on his work and talent and the result from our teamwork made it easy for my record to accept it.' she answered honestly. 'he understood me so well, and he was a lot of help when it came to writning too.'

'that brings me to another thing i wanted to ask, the writing, it's just so beautiful' he started, making raquel get slightly flustered, still not used to the praise on her music. 'however, there are quite some painful songs there, did that bring any pain back from the past?' he asked cautiously not wanting to make the young artist uncomfortable.

'i mean, obviously it brought memories and some feelings along with them, but some others, which are the ones i consider the most personal ones, where written even before the whole mess that i call my love life happened.' she said carefully to not name anyone. 

'which one was the hardest to film?' he asked curiously.

'i miss you, i'm sorry and long sleeves are definitely the ones that took the most time, probably because i teared up or sniffed which you can probably hear if you listen closely.' she said carelessly or at least tried, not trusting her body language for one bit.

'i'll have to listen to it again to see if that's true, and you should too' he said, the last bit towards the audience. 'available in all platforms, 'fever dream' by raquel ordaz, we'll be right back with raquel's very first live perfomance with 'traitor' and i'm pretty sure you don't want to miss it.' he finished before the camera cut.

the whole crowd clapped and a member from the team guided her to the stage where she would be performing in a few moments. drinking a few sips of water while everyone around her worked with lights, audio or tuning instruments, she rehearsed the lyrics in her mind while putting her bottle away and putting her earpiece on, one of the managers shouting a three minute mark before she had to sing.

one last prayer and a leap of faith and she sung with her heart.

A/N:

here is chapter three

don't forget to vote and comment.

love, nini

xoxo