uno

---

'i missed your 17 birthday

i've been up at home'

waking up to the sun hitting directly to her face told her she had to wake up. she didn't want to, of course, she values her sleep a lot, but she actually had something to wake up for. 

she was going to the studio!

raquel had started recording her album with the help of her producer ronan, whom she had met a few months back during a meeting and immediately connected with. this however didn't mean she was in the best mood.

the date was june 3rd, and she really wasn't in the best mood. it had been months since their breakup but it still hurt, not that they weren't together anymore, but the fact that he moved on so quickly.

she knew she shouldn't, but being a teenager made her overthink a lot more than your regular human being, and being the anxious little shit she was, she started to think about him. he was probably out with friends, or eating with his family considering the time zones. she was missing his 17 birthday and while he was having a good time with his friends and girlfriend, she was at home.

than it clicked.

ha!

at least one good thing was coming out of all this mess.

this was a great concept for a song.

yes, she knew it was wrong to write about someone else's life, especially without consent and based in mere suspicions of what could be actually going on in europe, but still, it was her coping mechanism, and eventhough it was going to be quite obvious, she wasn't really going to drop his name let alone drag it around, she was hurt, not cruel.

with that in mind, she changed to a comfortable outfit, some sportswear and a thin shirt on top. her family was probably out doing their own stuff. her mom was a teacher, her dad worked in an office downtown and her brother was studying along with training for basketball scouts to notice him in the (possibly) near future.

once she left the house, she texted ronan she was on her way and that she would get a drink first, offering to get him something and him refusing not long after. with that in mind, she made her way to her car, a kia forte that she was going to change soon for a good upgrade, but she still loved none the less.

---

once in the studio, she told ronan what she had been thinking, they got to work in the song they chose to call 17.

they were close to finishing the album lyrically and musically, but there was a lot to be done, such as choosing the track numbers, photoshoots, getting covers arranged possible merch and many other things that just stressed raquel out just by thinking about them.

all in due time, is what her mother would have said had she known her thoughts.

A/N:

hi so, in case you didn't connect the dots, 21 by gracie abrams, will actually be 17 in this book, and there will be slight lyric changes in my head to make the songs fit better, but the essence of the songs will be there. 

hope you are liking it so far.

love, nini