Chapter 6

Adrianna's POV

I shut the door to my room and crashed on my bed.

I sat up rubbing the sides of my temple as i began thinking various reasons why Harry is suddenly becoming nice to me.

It took me a long time to realize that i have never seen or heard anything about the topic of Harry being nice.

Harry has the reputation of being referred to the 'bad boy' across the city.

The one that has been arrested infinite times, that you immediately forget how to count if you attempt to count them.

The one that could instantly break your nose without trying.

The one that precisely get involved in sexual intercourse with an estimate amount of  95% of our cities female population.

My thoughts were interrupted by a ringtone coming from my iPhone.

I jumped out of bed and proceeded to my desk.

The screen shined brightly, the glass material displayed 'Papa' in bold italics while there was a cute picture of him and i recreating a fish face on the background.

I smiled as i continue to reminiscence the few moments that once meant nothing to me in the past but i realized how important those moments were and i will forever cherish them.

I lightly pressed the accept button as my excitement over flows.

" Yo wassup honey! its dad!" Father playfully yelled, i chuckled for i had realized that his voice may be the only thing that may keep me cool at the moment.

"Dad if you're still attempting to impersonate one of my generation's 'Kool Kids' then i prefer ending this call." i giggled,"Don't hang up honey, this is important i need to tell yo-" An awkward silence filled the air before he replied stuttering -

"I just called to inform you, that-" I heard him say unaudible things under his breath, i found myself gnawing on the inside of my cheek since i couldn't chew my nails at the moment.

"Addie honey, i apologize for the following information i am about to give you." dad warned me, "The company is planning a big project coming up, this project can positively increase the company's earnings which is why this project is so important to me, This project requires me to stay in NY for another few months.

That is why i fear that i may not be returning in for the following end of this summer just like i promised. But instead i may return in the following summer-

next year."

I stared at the mirror attached to my dresser,revealing a smile that there a second ago has now disappeared from my face.

I felt devastated for the negative news i had just received for i had expected a positive result by the end of this call.

I began to worry as i imagine my father becoming stressed for the heavy weight of work he will receive for the following months, he needed  me and both of us knew that.

"Don't worry , i will continue to send you money monthly, i may include more once i get my promotion and i will purchase tickets for you to visit me when a special occasion approaches." dad explained, my eyes began to water as my thick lashes meet together, a single tear made a path in warmth.

I reacted quickly wiping my eye sockets, i must stop crying.

"I'll see you soon, i promise." Were his last words before he hung up and couldn't contain myself started sobbing.