3

Aemond had yet to unlearn his hatred for his cousins, but he bore little hate towards Aemma, compared to Jacaerys and Lucerys

Aemond had yet to unlearn his hatred for his cousins, but he bore little hate towards Aemma, compared to Jacaerys and Lucerys. He had not seen Jacaerys and Lucerys in years, his cousins had left for dragonstone with their mother Rhaenyra and her husband Daemon shortly after they were wed. Her daughter Aemma had been in the capital for a while now.

She had been here for four moons to be exact. She was also only a few moons younger than Aemond and both of their name days were coming up. The two had made a slow acquaintance after their fight years ago, which had happened the last time the two spoke. So while Rhaenyra and Daemon resided at dragonstone, Aemma had been asked to reside at Kingslanding for a year by her grandfather the kimg. He wished to spend more time with his granddaughter, although Rhaenyra had been reluctant about leaving her daughter in the clutches of the greens, the Heir to the Iron Throne agreed to it as long as Aemma returned home every two months. The year was passing slowly. And with each passing day Aemma longed to be back at dragonstone. Her dragon Valera loathed being back in the dragon pit for it was dark and cold, compared to the freedom Valera was given at Dragonstone.

Aemma had been attending far less history lessons with her grandfather which each passing moon for he grew weaker and weaker by a disease that had been spreading on his skin and bones. Alicent had replaced those lessons with sewing lessons from the Queen herself, accompanied by her aunt Heleana.

Which she loathed, because it felt as if all Aemma could ever do was make small talk with the Queen. For it was evident the Queen held a grudge against the princess's mother.  Soon Aemma's sanity would be gone, were it not for her and Aemond's trips to the dragonpit. The two did not talk much, they did not talk at all, they just had a mutual understanding that they would much rather take flight on their dragons than sit inside and listen to small talk.
So they got in and out together, but other than keeping watch for eachother there was not much of a friendship.

"Aemond, Ser Cole has been following me all week." Whispered Aemma as she was standing besides him while a procession was being held in the great hall. "So either you come up with a plan, or there is no sneeking out this week." Sighted the girl. Aemond glanced at her. "I have no need of you, I will go alone then." Aemma bit back a rude remark.

"But that is..." whispered the girl back, a pang evident in her chest. "What? Unfair? Will you back to crying to daddy to get what you want, eight year old Aemma." Sneered Aemond at her,

"That is, no....  It's fine." Whispered Aemma back as she kept her eyes on the procession in front of her. She felt like glaring at her uncle. Yet she kept her composure, she did not want to come off as the whiny girl she used to be. She was not going to show, let alone admit that she did miss whining to her dad. Even though it was more about missing her dad, than the 'getting whatever she desired' part.

———————

The wind was cold and prickled Aemma's skin as she pulled her scarf closer. The thin fabric didn't do much to warm her skin against the chilly breeze that spreas through the princess' room. She leaned her head against the wall as she peered out the window, expecting to see Aemond soaring on Vhagars's back any moment know. She felt jelousy spread in her chest. Although she loved being a girl on most days, she sometimes wished she was born as a boy, she felt her brothers and uncle's were asked less off. Their freedom was less limited. Helaena never complained about her freedom, although sometimes Aemma swore she saw the girl's eyes glimmer with tears whenever she was forbade to play with her brothers or Aemma.
Aegon and Helaena were married, they had children, twins. Helaena now had other things on her mind and was often occupied with her children and her spiders still.