29

Aemonds fingers traveled up Aemma's thighs, his touch was cold yet it lit up a fire in Aemma's soul. She bit her lip when Aemond snaked his arm around her waist and pressed her against his warm body. "I loathe you sometimes, my heart aches for you sometimes, and I drown in frustration because of you, sometimes, yet I can't help it but my heart desires you as it always has." Aemond's words hit Aemma right in the chest. A gasp left her lips when she felt his fingers squeeze her thighs.

"You don't even realize how much I've always loved and desired you from afar Aemma, you're like the moon that shines it light upon me whenever I ride Vhagar, I don't appreciate or notice it, yet it always illuminates my sorrow, enlightening my vision and it guides me without purpose."  Aemond kissed her forehead Aemma tried keeping quiet in anticipation. Though she wished to ask him a million questions. "Part of me wishes to show you by making you mine
untill you can no longer think of anything else but me. But most
Of me wishes to fly with you, to soar with you and caress you."  Aemond  stepped  back and put his hand on his dagger, quickening the heartbeat of the Velaryon Princess.

"What's stopping you from doing that?" Questioned Aemma, her brows raised. The cold night wind whipped around her hair, both feelings of anger at his sudden declaration of love, for all she had been put through the oast weeks, and feelings of warmth erupted into her body, she couldn't deny that she had always had a special place for him.

Aemond took a deep breath before taking off his eyepatch, the blue sapphire in his eye shining brightly in the moonlight, he pushed aside the flap of his coat as he took out his dagger and got on his knees, he bowed down his head and laid out the dagger on the palm of his hands, offering it up to her. "I swear to you, Aemma Targaryen, that as long as you are my beloved, I will protect you, only you."

The moonlight shone on Aemond his hair, he kept his face down as he awaited the girl's answer, his heartbeat thick in his chest, as if his heart was pumping a thick syrup instead of blood. His throat closed up, he wasn't sure if he was making the right decision. Yes he wanted the throne, and Yes he would never want to see anyone else but his family on the throne. But himself? He had always secretly longed to be heir. He actually cared for the position. He loved the idea, he loved Aemma, though her mother was his enemy. Even as children he had loved her, he always would, but he was Aemond one eye. He'd never expected to marry her. His brother and and nephews had always taunted him for how he looked at Aemma. Aegon had always taunted Aemond that Rhaenyra would never marry her daughter to him because of his scarred face. But here he was. And Aemma had asked him to take off his eyepatch, she had called him beautiful, she had warmed him, and even though he had been bullied all his childhood, Aemma made it all a bit better. He would never wish betray his family, never, especially his mother  who he held in the highest regard, but Aemma...She deserved a special place in his heart, she almost already owned his heart, all he had to do was give it to her. And though Aemond was stoic and cold, a taunting figure even who had often refused to comfort her, in fear off opening up his heart to her. He now wished to offered up his heart entirely to her.

So while he waited for mere seconds which seemed like the longest of hours, he felt his hope slowly shatter, tiny shards of it stabbing his heart, scratching his soul. He feared she'd be too confused, too angry and hurt to accept. He had already betrayed and failed her, he hadn't protected her and he must be a complete fool for asking her to accept this ridiculous offer, she'd never trust him. She had every right not to. So he slowly raised his head, getting ready to apologize to Aemma, getting ready to be faced with her anger, her resentment, he felt as if he had made things even worse between them, but when he did face hee he noticed Aemma had also bend down, her knees on the ground, and her shoulders low. She had placed a long thin dagger into her hands, it's
Hilt wrapped in black leather with a small ruby placed in the middle. Gods know where she had it hidden. Aemma kept her head  bowed down head at him for a moment before raising it again and meeting his eye. Warmth pooled through Aemond's chest at the gesture. A tiny smile etched upon Aemma's lips as the moonlight shone into her twinkeling purple eyes. Gods she was beautiful, in his eye surely Aemma was the most beautiful woman in all the realm, no one as beautiful as her would have ever even existed.

"As do I, I'll protect you, only you Aemond."