16

When Aemma was born, a prophecy was dreamed by the Young Princess Helaena, who was yet too young to understand dragon dreams, let alone grasp what a dream was.

Later Helaena understood, that Aemma would be presented as the Eye, three eyes would be drawn up. What this fully meant? The Dragon Dreamer princess had no answer to that, for only she knew Aemma would forever rage in fire, turning into a mad dragon, to be etched upon the Kingsdom's very soul. Aemma Velaryon, would become Aemma Targaryen, a tool for a crown and a pawn in the Dance of Dragons. Helaena's dreams stood witness to the princess's death and that of her children, her decent into madness.

Aemond nor Aemma had been able to fall asleep. The Prince had awkwardly dressed himself before taking place at his balcony in silence. He had contemplated to visit Vhagar, knowing he wouldn't be able to take Aemma with him, for sure she'd take flight towards Dragonstone as soon as she would step outside the Dragonkeep. It would feel as if he were taunting Aemma,

He had tried to open his mouth and speak to her, again and again, but had failed to do so continuously. Aemma had blanky been staring at the ceiling for hours, as Aemond had taken to read at his desk, sleep had almost overcame him, but the girl's threat of having him murdered in his sleep still rang through his mind. He had contemplated wether the girl would truly do it, but he did not feel like taking his chances with the raging Princess.

The moment of pleasure shared between the two had not taken away her anger, even though foolishly Aemond had hoped it would, if only for a small part.

Though he was no fool. Aemma Velaryon, now Targaryen was a raging fire, one he would rather not have dealt with. Only days ago he had seen her as weak and feeble to the adventures to be had around the Capital.  Aemond should have known that Aemma had simply let herself go, for the girl had always been just like her kin. She resembled her mother's husband in that regard, she had a temper and a streak for adventure. But her calculating mind would take the upper hand again once he she calmed down. The girl had been lost for a full day once, only to return on Dragonback, she had bonded with Valera, a daughter of Vhagar, a Dragon almost as large as Vhagar herself. It had proved that the gods had much in store for her still.

Aemond had fond memories of the Princess Aemma taking him with her as she flew on the dragonback when they were children. Even fonder ones at their brief time of flying their dragons together over Kingslanding. Something which now could never take place again. Valera had been locked up inside the Dragonpit, she would never see daylight again if Rhaenyra wouldn't bend the knee. Aegon would be crowned king ij the next days. The king would have been dead for three days, tomorrow the final preparations would be laid out.
——-

Rhaenys Velaryon had been locked into her room, no one had given her an answer as to why she wasn't allowed to leave her chambers at first. Later the King's dead had made the Queen Alicent talk to the older Velaryon woman, Aemma would be wed to Aemond, the Velaryon's were to recognize Aemma as the true heir of driftmark. Velaryon would swear it's banners to the new King Aegon, and there would be no talk of treason. Aemma's and Aemond's first son would sit the Driftmark throne one day, and their second son would be Lord of Dragonstone a most generous offer. Baela and Rhaena, their other Velaryon grandchildren would anull their betrothals to the Strong boys, and both girl's would be heavily compensated and wed to either Aemma and Aemond's sons or another Lord of their choosing.

Yet Rhaenys refused to bow down, the Princess and Lady of Driftmark refused to believe her granddaughter would willingly betray her mother so. To which Alicent had confessed the girl had no say in the matter, a dire mistake which would later play out in the Dance of Dragons. Aemma's forced marriage to the Prince Aemond woudl be announced all throughout the realm, Her mother Rhaenyra would make her bannermen swear to avenge the rape of her daughter, who had been strung into the Green's hands, a lie of love spinned by the Hightowers to make the Velaryon fleet theirs.