12

Aemond threw his sword on the ground and was met with a clap on the back by one the Guards whom he had just defeated in his sparring practice. "Another round My Prince?" Asked the Guard while huffing for breath.

"I'm afraid I can't at this hour, although I'd be glad to pick up where we left after support." Nodded Aemond as he splashed some cold water in his face. He smiled at the guards and took off with a flight in his step.

His feet quickly brought him towards the Western Garden. Servants were walking in and out of the garden at a rapid tempo. Aemond knew his mother had carefully arranged for her and some small Counsil members to have tea over counsil on the other side of the garden as Aemond was to approach Aemma to try and find reason to hasten the marriage. A small part of him felt guilty, which to him was easily shoved aside. Whatever feelings of fondness he had grown towards the White haired princess disappeared beneath his feelings for the crown.

"Princess Aemma." Called the boy out as he noticed the princess seated with her feet tucked against her chest on a narrow stone hedge. Her back was rested against a pillar, a book rested in her hands. The girl looked up, her face void of emotion as she shut the book and put it at her feet.

"Prince Aemond." Nodded the girl at him as she gestured for him to take a seat, he eyed the girl as he took a seat upon the stone wall.

"So what have you spent your time with." Asked Aemond as he tried to read title of the book Aemma had put down. "A book on? Nothern Plants?" Asked the Prince with a raised brow. "It was rather... alright?. Though I must confide in you and admit that I wouldn't pick it out again. I've simply been bored without my brothers and will read just anything by now." 

Aemma stood up from the arch and shook her head. "Let us take a walk, away from the prying ears and eyes of the servants."

"Very well."

Aemma started walking towards a large fountain, she bend down and stuck her wrists in the cooling water. "Are you hot?" Asked Aemond concerned. Aemma chuckled as she rose. "No, Not at all, I simply enjoy the feeling of water on my wrists. Though dresses that are worn at court are rather stuffy compared to the clothing I'm used to wearing at DragonStone."

"Enlighten me on what clothing you wore, please?"

Aemma kept walking through the maze of the garden, her hands outstretched as she touched various plants and flowers around her. "Pants." Started the girl, "jackets, and dresses made for fighting."

"The slitted once? Like the one you arrived in?" Questioned Aemond. The Princess gestured for him to smell a flower she stood close to. "This flower smells of honey, yet if you were to consume it your eyes would start to bleed, while your ears would ring as your head turned to mush inside your skull, it can kill within seconds, yet if the proper dose is applied it could take hours." Spoke Aemma, grinning as the Targaryen Prince backed away from the flower, a hint of fear in his eyes. "But yes, a slitted dress indeed, I'll turn back to my slitted dresses as soon as I've arrived back on Dragonstone."

Aemma smiled at her betrothed. "Of course I will pick up swordplay again, although I'd rather call it fighting now that I am of age." Whispered the girl as the let her finger glide over the petals of the deathly blue flower.

"I look forward to being your partner in a fight Aemma, I wish for us to arrange to practice alongside eachother.

Aemma tilted her head and grinned. "As if your mother the Queen would ever allow such unladylike behavior."