7

"We gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of driftmark."
The throne room fell quiet as Otto Hightower walked up to the throne.

"As hand I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." The hand was taking seat on the Iron throne, his pride all to perceptible on his face. Aemma was standing besides her brothers Jacaerys and Lucerys, awkwardly shifting from her left foot to her right foot. The Velaryon children knew they were in for a dangerous rouse.

"The crown will now hear the petitions., Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

Vaemond Velaryon walked to the middle of the throne room and sighted before he started his speech. "My Queen." He nodded at Alicent who smiled back at the older man. "My lord hand, the history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the doom fell on Valyria out houses became the last of their kind."

Aemma noticed Aegon smirking at her from across the room, she raised her brown at him in annoyance and then quickly caught the eye of Aemond, who was smirking at her brothers. Aemond had always had felt a hatred towards Aemma's brothers, and she knew he had a right to loathe them, especially Lucerys who had taken his eye. She knew this procession would grant him much satisfaction.

"Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name." Continued Vaemond.

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin; his own blood. The true unimpeachable blood of house Velaryon runs through my veins.As it does in my soms, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon."

Vaemond glanced towards Rhaenyra and her sons who in turn looked towards their mother. "Don't draw attention." whispered Aemma at her brothers.

"If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightfull heir. No, you only speak for yourself and your own ambition." Spoke Rhaenyra without looking the man in the eye.

"You will have chance to make your own petition Princess Rhaenyra." Alicent's voice broke the Heir's speech. "Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard."

Vaemond turned around with a smirk visible on his face. "What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess?" Questioned the man Rhaenyra. He shifted from his left to his right foot as he spoke it with confidence. "I could cut my veins and show it to you, and you still wouldn't recognize it."

"This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours." Vaemond turned back towards the hand. "My Queen, my Lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation, of the survival of my house and line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brothers successor. the Lord of Driftmark and the Lord of the Tides."

"Thank you Ser Vaemond." Spoke Otto Hightower.

"Princess Rhaenyra you may now speak for your son Lucerys Velaryon." Rhaenyra sighted and stepped towards the middle of the hall, eyeing Queen Alicent.

"If I am to grace this farce with some answer, I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago in this very-"

Rhaenyra turned around to the doors of the great hall opening. The sight of her father the king warmed her heart.

"King Viserys of Houde Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the first men, Lord of the seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

Otto hastily stood up from the Iron Throne, confusion visible on his face as
King Viserys slowly walked towards the Iron throne, his breath heavy and his complexion such a stark white that he seemed a ghost already. When the King finally reached the steps of the Iron throne he smiled at his daughter, her complexion worried. She gestured to help him. As did his guards.