24

It had been a most dreadfull rainy day, the Targaryen and Velaryon children had spent all of their morning in the Dragonpit, before being ushered out towards the Red Keep again. Helaena and Aemma had teamed up when their tutoring in the library had started. Both Lucerys and Jace had teamed up with Aegon, to which Aemond had been left alone. Regardless of the numbers not adding up, Aegon choose to ignore his little brother, who was still dragonless and thus less worthy in his eyes. Resulting in the pale, silver haired boy sighting as he took a spot in the library far away from his family and angrily slammed his book on the table, before resting his head om his hand and pretending to read. Yet his anger and dissapointed clouded his mind so, that he found he was unable to read at all.

"Aemond." Whispered Aemma, while holding up a book and shaking it.

"Be quiet Aemma, I'm trying to study." Snapped the boy, who's face was red with anger, his eyes showed a hint of pain as he quickly looked away, eyes glued to his book.

"Aemond." Started Aemma again, Helaena who was deeply lost into a thick dusty book about butterflies, grabbed her cousin's arm as to silence the girl.

"Aemond please." Whined Aemma as she pushed her hands into her hips. "What!" Snapped the boy back in a whisper.

"Helaena and I require your help, Aegon and Jace are dumb and Luce is but a baby. Would you please help us?" Smiled Aemma innocently, she definitely needed no help on the current subject they were studying, but she wished Aemond to feel included without having to go through the embarrassment off asking his sister and cousin if he could join, after he was turned away by his brothers and nephews.

"No." Hissed the boy, quickly glancing towards his older brother,
Who he feared would make fun of him for joining the girls.

"Please. You must." Whispered the girl, before biting in her lip, and smiling.

"I'd ask Aegon or Jace for help, but they're too stupid, I require yours Aemond, they're daft, more than."

Aemma grinned when she noticed her older brother and cousin rolling their eyes, scoffing. Though Aemond's face lit up, before he pretended to be annoyed again as he strided
Towards his cousin and sister,

"Do tell me, what do you need help with." Sighted Aemond as he leaned over the girl's their textbooks. Both Helaena and Aemma smiled at eachother. "Take a seat."

-

The girl had paced around her room, for what felt like an eternity, trying to come up with a plan. She knew getting out of the Keep alone would be an artform, let alone trying to get out of the capital. She had tried a million plans in her head, but they all ended up with her being either dead or imprisoned. Most likely imprisoned. And worst of all, she wouldn't leave Valera behind, her heart ached for the large dragon, she hadn't seen her in weeks now. The Hightowers wouldn't dare risk letting Aemma around her Dragon.

She wondered how she would tell Aemond, what would get the best reaction out of him. She needed him to be rejoiced. It might yet prove complicated because Aemma had only just gotten him to get her the Arilich weed to fake a pregnancy. Though her hours and hours spent in the library proved now use. Neither Aemond or Aemma could locate the weed, not inside the gardens, or anywhere around Kingslanding at all. She needed to be clever about this, she needed Aemond to become her protector, she needed him not only to care for the possible child in her womb, but also for her.

Her heart ached when she thought about using him, betraying him, but she quickly shoved the feeling aside, "They used you, you are a pawn for their usurping of your own mother." Whispered the girl to herself, as she pressed her arms to a desk.