5

"Aemma are you keen on Velara?" Asked Aemond with a stern face, his left hand behind his back. He seemed to be twirling a piece of grape vine in his other hand. Two tiny shriveled grapes hung upon the tiny branch. Aemma eyed her uncle suspiciously. The two hadn't spoken since her arrival in Kingslanding, apart from court greetings when she had arrived.

"I suppose I might ask you?" Answered Aemma trying to hide the grin on her face as she thought about her beautiful dragon. "Obviously cousin." Answered Aemond as he took his other hand to tear a shriveled grape from the vine. "How is Vhagar enjoying the dragon pit?" Asked Aemma, her eyes placed on his. 

Aemond scoffed at her remark, both of them knowing that the large dragon must loathe being confined to the pit. "How is Valera? You have arrived only a few nights ago, although I must say, Vhagar must be enlightened to be reunited with Valera." Aemond took a step towards his cousin and held out his arm.  "You ought to see for yourself." Offered Aemond.

"Aemond, I, at this hour?" Questioned Aemma.

"Yes? Have you not yearned to roam the knighskies as when we were children?" Aemond smiled to himself at the memory. "Don't you recall in how much trouble it got us?" Responded Aemma as she shifted from one foot to another.

"I unfortunately do, but we are older now are we not, let's forget out jests as children, come our dragons are surely bored out of their minds right now."  Aemond took another step towards Aemma. "Are you afraid of not being ladylike Aemma? Would you rather be confined to your room and stargaze, you surely will see me flying overhead when you do." Aemma sighted and took a challenging step towards Aemond. Her breath warm against his face. "Take me then, but if we are caught it should be you who takes the blame, although I surely will be blamed." Aemond suddenly took a step back and laughed loudly, "I'll go alone Cousin, you don't have the guts to even try and disobey do you? Where did the eight year old Aemma who claimed Valera go?" 

Aemma threw her head up to the ceiling and groaned in frustration, her white hair shook as she laughed "Fine! Let's ride our dragons then."

———————

Aemma woke up with a grin on her face the next morning, but that grin had quickly disappeared when she noticed Queen Alicent standing in her room. "Aemma, how many times must you be called upon to wake up?" Muttered the  Queen. The red haired beauty walked towards the princess' bed and gestured towards a handmaiden to come forward. "Get dressed Aemma, I need to discuss rather important matters with you."

Aemma's heartbeat quickened as she feared the Queen might have heard rumours about Aemma and Aemond's escapee to Flea bottom.  Although Aemma knew there was not much to smear her reputation with, any rumour could ruin her. She thought about her mother, and Daemon, the two had long been caught up in rumours when Princess Rhaenyra was young. The two had always loved eachother deeply, craved eachother deeply and had found themselves in far more scandalous events than Aemma would ever dare find herself in.

"Of course your highness. I'll be with you in a few moments."  Aemma awkwardly glanced at the Queen, not knowing whether she would be left to dress alone or that the Queen would simply start now, she hoped it would not be latter. A faint headaches had started to form in Aemma's mind.

"I really do have a tigh schedule today, so let's not get straight to it. Also, Heleana wishes to have tea with you this afternoon, perhaps I could join you two." Spoke the queen with a faint smile. "I reckon it will take you a while to," The Queen awkwardly looked the young princess up and down. Her hair was a complete mess and the girl had slept in half her clothing from last night, some blood speckles still coated her hair. "Get ready." Finished the queen with a tight lipped smile, although her eyes did not smile at all. "We will have tea in an hour Princess Aemma." Spoke the Queen as she turned around and left the room, the door falling shut with a loud click.