Chapter Four: Answers

Hyacinth woke up on her bed with Erin beside her. She smiled. It is fun seeing her future in the flesh. Seeing her future daughter beside her as a teenager made her want to weep. She finally achieved her dream of having a child of her own someday and the refutable proof of that is now in front of her, sleeping like a fragile creature. Erin turned out healthy and fine. That also means that Mr. Bismarck took care of their daughter well.

Their child...

Hyacinth froze.

Erin's existence means that she and Mr. Bismarck shared a bed.

Her face turned crimson. She never thought of it that way before. Upon meeting Erin yesterday and knowing that Erin is her daughter, Hyacinth's heart filled with warmth and excitement. She never imagined having a family.

All her life, Hyacinth is viewed as an asset to her bloodline, never a kid who doesn't know the inner workings of her ability and the cruelties of human nature. Her parents, especially her father, had high expectations of her. At a young age, her parents trained her to read someone's thread and accurately gather the information that she needed from it.

She saw countless miseries. She saw pain and regret and violence and knowledge that is not meant for a kid's mind. Hyacinth remembered how she felt disgusted with herself when she saw a murder in another's thread and her heart leaped in fear as if she experienced being murdered herself.

Nobody knows how much she suffered. Nobody knows the burden of being a thread reader.

And upon seeing Erin's and knowing her as her child, she felt happy and content, knowing that Mr. Bismarck took care of Erin well.

And now, the thought of sharing a bed with Mr. Bismarck crept into her thoughts; She shivered. Is she really capable of having a relationship with someone? But how did she end up with Max? The man's face had looked like a predator waiting to pounce on its prey.

What happened to fate? Why did she end up having a kid with him?

Hyacinth shook her head and embraced Erin as if shaking her head can shake away the unpleasant thoughts.

Hyacinth tried to talk to her daughter regarding to her sudden disappearance in the future but Erin won't talk. She just cried and cried in Hyacinth's arms and sobbed on how much she missed Hyacinth, on how much Erin wished for her to come back.

"Erin, you're not supposed to exist... not with your peculiar abilities." She whispered against Erin's hair.

This is the first time in the history of thread readers that a first-born female can time travel.

But nobody really knew the secrets of her bloodline, even her parents. Nobody really knows why the Sinclairs suddenly produced a female after a few centuries.

Hyacinth is confused. This is why thread readers don't alter the threads of fate. The results are always chaotic and beyond comprehension.

Her doorbell rang and she flinched. Erin jerked and sat immediately.

"Mom, open the door. Two doorbells, or knocks, means it's Dad."

.

.

MAXIMILLIAN crossed his arms on his chest as Erin and Ms. Sinclair sat on the couch across his seat. Their hair resembled a bird's nest so he clicked his tongue. He wanted to comb the nest on top of their heads until they became proper curls on their shoulders.