Finale

MAXIMILLIAN finally understood what his wife meant that one morning in his office.

She gave him patience that could match the Buddha's. There are times that Max frantically searched for her and gets pissed when she's nowhere in sight, but Hyacinth made it a routine to hide from him just because she doesn't want him to be too dependent on her.

In a few months, Max got used to Hyacinth's constant disappearance he got used to them and just waited for her in the living room.

But she always welcomed him whenever he goes home from work. She never skipped a day of waiting on their doorstep and accepting the hungry kisses that Max tends to give her every time.

Months had turned into years, and Hyacinth urged Max to take weeks off to explore the Oriental Continent just like how they used to. Erin got busy with boarding school that when she went back to Sutton City for two consecutive summer vacations, the news of another addition to the family greeted her each time.

Hyacinth fulfilled her promises. She made Max so happy and content (and stressed) that he forgot everything that has been bugging him since Hyacinth arrived. He eventually forgot the uncertainties of their future and is always busy with his three-year-old boy and their one-year-old baby girl.

But Hyacinth is planning to give him more kids than he could ever manage in his lifetime. And that goal of hers wasn't so hard to accomplish, considering her husband's hearty appetites in the bedroom.

But his alcoholism is the hardest one to cure. Even if Hyacinth instructed the staff to hide the alcohol from his mini-bar, Max always kept a stash under the bed or in his file cabinets.

It was the toughest challenge that Hyacinth encountered. Well, she eventually overcame the obstacle when she gave birth to their second daughter.

Max gradually turned back from the liquor cabinet and spends most of his spare time with his kids. Her husband adored their babies so much that he requested another one.

"I guess, we can have one more. But that is it, Max. We won't be having another one." Hyacinth remembered the phrase she told him that Christmas morning; that was his birthday, by the way.

And how could she forget the smile of triumph from Max when she ended up conceiving twins?

After that, he ignored the alcohol completely and diverted all of his attention and energies to their growing family. Max is surrounded by laughter and bickering from his kids and the stress from dealing with an army of little devils.

But Max loves a challenge. He always loved complex things. It is probably the reason why he fell in love with her in the first place.

.

.

.

.

.

A FEW YEARS LATER

-Winter, 2050-

"HOW WAS your Grandpop?"

Erin, now twenty-nine years old, touched the wrinkly face of her ninety-five-year-old son from the future.

When she traveled to the future countless times, she discovered many things: one of them is that she'll end up marrying at the age of thirty. That means that she'll marry next year. That is if they'll base on her original age. Erin spent her two years in the past so her age in her school records and identity cards is missing an additional two years. In her records, she had been twenty-seven, not twenty-nine.

Traveling to the future also meant that she knows the identity of her future husband.

Oh, and she has her parents' blessing about her upcoming marriage already even if the man she's destined to be with doesn't pay her any romantic attention at all. Erin doubts if the man has the time to think of anything but work.