Special Chapter: Fate's Original Outcome (Unaltered)

HYACINTH looked the other way as a truck hit the Bismarck building's entrance where the man with the gray thread stood.

She immediately rushed outside the coffee shop to check if Jean was okay.

Oh, god! Hyacinth only hoped that her friend is okay.

And the relief that she felt inside her breasts spread throughout her system. Hyacinth removed the glass shards around Jean's body to check if she suffered bone fractures from the fall.

"Help!"

A deep, baritone voice called and Hyacinth looked around to find the owner of it. It was Mr. Maximillian Bismarck.

With shaking limbs, she muttered for Jean to call the emergency hotline. Hyacinth immediately went to the man who was badly injured in his leg. Within his arms, there's the young woman with the black thread. Hyacinth gasped when she saw the black and ashen thread return to the regular glistening white.

So, the bearer of a gray thread can save a black-thread bearer?

Hyacinth removed the piece of metal from the building's revolving doors that is pinning down the man's leg. She ground her teeth as she focused all of her strength to remove the metal bar.

"Sir, I need you to move your feet. Let's see if it's okay."

Maximillian's jaw tightened at the commanding voice, then he obliged. His feet flexed and he muttered a curse.

She smiled at him to give him some assurance, at least. "Good! That means you'll not lose your leg."

Then, Hyacinth checked the young woman in his arms to check if the latter suffered from any injuries. Hyacinth finally relaxed when she saw that the young woman is unscathed.

.

.

A MONTH after the accident, reporters still give a detailed report about the area where the infamous Maximillian Bismarck almost died. Hyacinth was glad about the new customers of the Cafe, though. That means more tips—

"Haya!" The familiar voice of Jean Baden-Rodriguez called her and she immediately rushed to the doorway.

"Hi! How are you? Shouldn't you rest for a bit? You just got into an accident!"

"Shush, Haya. Come on, I'll bring you to Max."

"Wait—" Hyacinth pulled her hand from Jean's grasp. "Why?"

Her friend shrugged. "He wanted to thank you, he said. He'll give you monetary compensation."

No. Absolutely no. That will only attract the media's attention to her. Heaven knows that Hyacinth has been in hiding for a few years now. She can't just risk exposing her location.

"I told him that you wouldn't want any reward for helping him that day, but he's persistent!"

Hyacinth showed her reluctance by shaking her head. "No, thank you. I don't want anything from him."

"Then come with me and tell him that yourself! He won't take 'no' for an answer, Haya."

She finally gave in, only to put a stop to Jean's persuasive tactics.

.

.

.

"I DON'T want any reward, Sir."

Maximillian Bismarck lifted his head from his laptop and gave the woman in front of him his usual condescending look. This is the first time that someone refused a reward from him, knowing that he doesn't give rewards often.