Chapter Twenty-Six: Spent

IT HAS been a month since Max left for the country of Western Isles.

And Hyacinth spent her weeks with Erin and Maine. They shopped, yes, but that's the only thing they've been doing these past few weeks. She urged her daughter to convince Maine to go to the amusement park but Erin said that her aunt has a fear of heights. To add salt to the wound, Max also prohibited her to go to any amusement parks because she was pregnant.

So, today, Hyacinth searched for interesting places where she could bring her sister-in-law and her daughter. The internet suggested going to a museum but that seems like a hard task for the young ladies.

"Where should we go?" Hyacinth pondered out loud while looking at the list on the internet.

They can always go to the zoo. It's completely harmless for a pregnant woman like her. For sure, Maximillian will not oppose the idea.

She heaved a sigh and exited the internet browser just to tap the gallery and scroll through the photos there. A reluctant smile crept on her lips when she saw their wedding photos.

It has been more than a month since she married Max yet it all felt odd to her. Maybe because he married her all of a sudden without going through the dating stage. They skipped that part of a couple's life. Their intimacies, on the other hand, are quite spectacular. It is as if they have this extreme chemistry between them that they seemed to burst into flames at each other's touch and kisses. An unworldly woman like her couldn't ignore that magnet pull between them every time they were a few inches apart.

Those things were all new to Hyacinth. The only thing she regretted is that she didn't live boldly to explore her sensualities. Maybe, if she allowed herself to date, she wouldn't be so clueless every time Max touches her. Maybe she wouldn't be so...hungry—for his kisses, for his touch. If only she read more books or watched more romance shows, she would have a basis for comparison. At this point, it is her body who knew where to seek its pleasure without asking for her mind's approval...or maybe her mind and body are working together to confuse her.

She shook her head, removing the ridiculous thoughts in her head, and proceeded to close the photo gallery app. Maybe she should call Jean for tips regarding her plans on bonding with Maine and Erin—especially Erin.

"Why are you shaking your head?"

The familiar baritone voice of Maximillian filled the room so Hyacinth lifted her head from her phone to look at the doorway but there was no one there.

But she could smell him. She could sense him. He's here.

Hyacinth threw the blanket to the floor and bounced her bottom from the mattress so that she could land her feet on the floor. As if on cue, Max entered the room and intently followed her every move with his eyes that matched the blue of the skies outside.

"Careful, Haya. I'm not going anywhere—"

She scrambled on the floor to look for her slippers but she gave up on the idea a few seconds later because of impatience and excitement. Hyacinth ran to Max's open arms and welcomed her warmth in his embrace.

"You were so close to finding your slippers." He chuckled when Hyacinth groaned at his notion.

She had missed him...terribly. Oh, she had been so ignorant of her feelings that she didn't have control of it anymore and they just exploded out in the open.

"I thought you'll have to stay in the Western Isles for another month. How come—"

"I had to go back tomorrow. My business isn't done yet."